Live Streaming Concerts

kh1958

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/8/2020 at 1:21 AM, BFrank said:

Looking forward to that Dave Holland show.

Agreed.  Likely will listen in both nights.

Saw Dave Holland at the Chicago Jazz Showcase at the "family matinee" on Sunday.  After the set, I was able to swing by the bar with my son and say hi and thank him for the music.  A nice memory. 

14 hours ago, ejp626 said:

Agreed.  Likely will listen in both nights.

Saw Dave Holland at the Chicago Jazz Showcase at the "family matinee" on Sunday.  After the set, I was able to swing by the bar with my son and say hi and thank him for the music.  A nice memory. 

Probably just one night for me. Orrin Evans is doing 2 nights at the same time from Smoke, so I'll probably catch that on Saturday.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
KENNY BARRON: QUARTETS
"The pianist Kenny Barron has a brisk but unostentatious technique and a deceptively casual way with a phrase. He conveys a number of things clearly in his playing; what comes across over all is the quiet hum of effortless erudition. Within his playing you can hear a digest of mainstream jazz piano traditions, with bebop as the root. You can also hear the measured tension of an expert nudging himself toward a challenge."
- The New York Times
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com
Pianist Kenny Barron will be streaming this weekend, starting Friday at 8 PM EST. Accompanying Kenny will be two different quartets each night; on Friday, Steve Nelson will be on vibraphone, Kiyoshi Kitagawa on bass, and Johnathan Blake on drums. On Saturday night, Immanuel Wilkins will join on saxophone, rounding out the quartet with Kiyoshi and Johnathan. Shows are available to stream for 24 hours; tickets are $10.

From Keystone Korner Baltimore:

Beginning Monday, December 7th, we are broadcasting Warren Wolf & Swing City, Bobby Watson & New Horizon, Lew Tabackin Magic Trio, Christian Sands Trio, Sean Jones & Co. and Freda Payne. These broadcasts are available to jazz lovers around the world until 2021!

Click below to buy a streaming pass:

After watching Friday's great Dave Holland set, I decided to catch Saturday, too. Glad I did - it was excellent, as well! I wonder if this group (Jaleel Shaw, Steve Nelson, Obed Calvaire) will be recording together? They really seemed locked in.

BTW, I saw Orrin Evans, too. A nice set. Smoke gives you 48 hours to watch a show.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:44 AM, BFrank said:

After watching Friday's great Dave Holland set, I decided to catch Saturday, too. Glad I did - it was excellent, as well! I wonder if this group (Jaleel Shaw, Steve Nelson, Obed Calvaire) will be recording together? They really seemed locked in.

BTW, I saw Orrin Evans, too. A nice set. Smoke gives you 48 hours to watch a show.

Argh.  I didn't realize that Jaleel Shaw was in the group and would have caught at least one of the nights had I known.  Having heard him 10+ times with Roy Haynes and then with some other leaders, I have to say that Shaw is one of the top saxophonists on the scene.  I'd buy their record in a heartbeat.

Steve Nelson has been keeping busy.  He played on Friday at the Village Vanguard again, this time with Kenny Barron.  Other than 'How Deep Is the Ocean' and 'Well, You Needn't', I don't think I'd heard Barron play any of the other compositions live.  It was a great set.

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fui.icontact.com%2

December 31, 2020 

11:00 p.m. EST (New York)

On Demand Through New Year's Day!

Blue Note Jazz Club is proud to present the world-renowned Japanese pianist, HIROMI. Hiromi, streaming live from her home base at the Blue Note in Tokyo, will be performing a special show to coincide with New Years Eve in New York.

The show will benefit the Blue Note New York while it is currently closed. Her heart is with the Blue Note New York and jazz fans around the world in this unprecedented time. 

MONDAY, DECEMBER 28, 2020 AT 5:45 PM CST

Underexposed No. 14 - Sarah Elizabeth Charles and Jarrett Cherner

Facebook Live

JOHN CHIN QUINTET

SPONSORED BY PAUL KENNY IN HONOR OF LEE KONITZ

LIVE AT SMALLS

WED DEC 30

SETS AT 5:00PM  7:00PM

05:00 PM RESERVATION07:00 PM RESERVATION 

John Chin / Piano

Stacy Dillard / Tenor Sax

Tivon Pennicott / Tenor Sax

Sean Conly / Bass

Jaimeo Brown / Drums

THU DEC 31

SMALLS 

5:00 PM & 7:00 PM

JOHNNY O'NEAL NEW YEAR'S EVE 

SMALLS 

9:00 PM & 11:00 PM

BROOKLYN CIRCLE NEW YEAR'S EVE

3 hours ago, Justin V said:

Anyone else plan on catching Chris Potter's Vanguard stream?  I saw the same group years ago except with Eric Harland on drums instead of Marcus Gilmore.  It's worth noting that tonight's set will only be available for the customary 24 hours, while tomorrow's set will be available through Sunday.

I think I will. Then Brooklyn Circle (Smalls). Finally, Jackie Venson (Facebook Live).

Donald Harrison - Live Stream on 1-2-21

12 hours ago

Festers,

Wonderful News to start the New Year.  
The Superchill Krewe is hosting a live Donald Harrison show!!!!

Donald will be playing from his house to yours and it will be a supremely chill and uniquely intimate night of music.

Donald greatly appreciates your support.
Hope everyone has a Superchill 2021.
See you in the Zoom Room
Hopefully we see you at the fairgrounds soon enough.  

WHO - Big Chief Donald Harrison

WHAT – A Superchill Show

WHEN - Saturday 1-2-21 at 8:30 pm Nola time

WHERE – Zoom

DONATION - Suggested ticket donation is $20 directly to the Don. More is better, less is fine, but it’s all for the Big Chief. 

ZOOM INFO 

Meeting ID: 589 611 6475
Passcode: bigchief

Direct Zoom Link - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5896116475?pwd=RXpwU1NGVEtFYllkTEZwL2ZPakt0QT09

TICKET PAYMENT DONATION INFO 
Donald's Venmo - @donaldharrisonmusic
Donald's Zelle/Quick Pay - donharmusi@aol.com 

Please support the Big Chief.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:13 PM, Justin V said:

Anyone else plan on catching Chris Potter's Vanguard stream?  I saw the same group years ago except with Eric Harland on drums instead of Marcus Gilmore.  It's worth noting that tonight's set will only be available for the customary 24 hours, while tomorrow's set will be available through Sunday.

I bought a ticket for the Jan 1 show. Haven't watched it yet, but I have until Sunday evening.

11 hours ago, Justin V said:

Man, Potter was on fire for Friday's set.  Of course, having seen him as a leader and a sideman on approximately 10 occasions, I've never seen him be less than excellent.  Great band, too.  I may have to check out Marcus Gilmore's solo set that's available from the Vanguard.

Just watched it today. On fire is RIGHT! I've seen him a number of times, too. Today he reminded me of vintage Joe Farrell which I never noticed before.

The band was really locked in, too. His last ECM album (The Dreamer Is the Dream, 2017) seems to be the most recent with this group. I'll have to pick it up.

From the Village Vanguard:

BW-POST-Kris-Davis-3526-%C2%A9Mardok.png

Photo by Mardok

KRIS DAVIS WITH THE BORDERLANDS TRIO

LIVESTREAM

JANUARY 8 ‑ JANUARY 9

Kris Davis – Piano

Stephan Crump – Bass

Eric McPherson – Drums

$10

Each show is available until 8pm ET the following day. 

From Smoke:

SMOKE SCREENS PRESENTS: THE MELISSA ALDANA QUARTET

JANUARY 8 - JANUARY 9 / LIVE STREAMED / 8PM EST

Buy Streaming Pass

Friday: Melissa Aldana (saxophone) Sullivan Fortner (piano) Pablo Menares (bass) Kush Abadey (drums)

Saturday: Melissa Aldana (saxophone) Charles Altura (guitar) Pablo Menares (bass) Kush Abadey (drums)

From Smalls:

UPCOMING SHOWS \JAN 5-JAN 31
AllSmallsMezzrow
ALL
DATE
SUN JAN 31

Livestream Concert with Love In Exile

Livestream Concert with Love In Exile

Arooj Aftab -voice
Vijay Iyer -piano
Shahzad Ismaily -guitar & bass

Sets at 7.30pm + 9.30pm EST
$20/$5 members

LEARN MORE & TICKETS

TJG Online Lockdown Sessions, Vol. 31: Secret Mall, Caroline Davis, Tivon Pennicott, Gilad Hekselman

Livestream Concert with Aaron Parks Quartet

Livestream Concert with Aaron Parks Quartet

Aaron Parks -piano
Immanuel Wilkins -saxophone
Ben Street -bass
Joe Dyson -drums

$20/$5 members

LEARN MORE & TICKETS

Livestream Concert with Marcus Gilmore

Livestream Concert with Marcus Gilmore