Live Streaming Concerts

kh1958

The Radio Free Birdland streaming video concert series, direct from the Birdland stage, begins its second season on February 10 and February 14:

Premiering Wednesday February 10 and available on demand through February 17: A Benefit For The Veronica Pellitteri Memorial Fund - The Marcello Pellitteri Quartet Featuring: Donny McCaslin (tenor sax) David Gilmore (guitar) Tim Ries (saxophones and piano) Marcello Pelliteri (drums) Tix Here

Premiering Sunday February 14 and available on demand through February 21: Vocalist Tierney Sutton and Pianist Alan Broadbent Tix Here

Upcoming season two shows include:

Kevin Eubanks - Ron Carter Quartet - Dave Liebman and Marc Copland - Steve Smith, Donny McCaslin, Eric Alexander: in "Coltrane Revisited" - Ron Carter and Bill Frisell - Lew Tabackin Quartet - Dave Holland Trio

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This coming weekend at the Village Vanguard:

TYSHAWN SOREY

FEBRUARY 5 ‑ FEBRUARY 7

TYSHAWN SOREY – DRUMS

JOE LOVANO – SAXOPHONES

BILL FRISELL- GUITAR

$10

Each show is available until 8pm EST the following day.

TICKETS ON SALE SOON SALE SOON!

At Smoke:

SMOKE SCREENS PRESENTS: THE CYRUS CHESTNUT TRIO

CyrusChestnut_JimmyKatz_D8C0644

FEBRUARY5 - FEBRUARY 6 / LIVE STREAMED / 8PM EST

Cyrus Chestnut (piano)
Peter Washington (bass)
Willie Jones III (drums

"The best pianist of his generation" - Time
Cyrus Chestnut leads a special edition of his beloved piano trio with bassist Peter Washington and drummer Wilie Jones III. "His brand of crisp articulation and blues inflected harmony evokes another era...multifaceted and dynamic..." says The New York Times. Inspired by gospel music throughout his life, Cyrus draws on a range of musical influences while never straying too far from the blues with The New York Daily News says makes him "the rightful heir to Bud Powell, Art Tatum and Erroll Garner."

From Jazz Gallery:

COMING UP... 

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcon
LOCKDOWN SESSIONS, NO. 33
FEATURING
TIM BERNE
GERALD CLAYTON
KASSA OVERALL & SULLIVAN FORTNER
KEVIN SUN
Thurs Feb 18th
TARBABY
LIVESTREAM CONCERT
Orrin Evans -piano
Eric Revis -bass
Nasheet Waits -drums

Next weekend at the Village Vanguard:

DAYNA STEPHENS QUARTET

FEBRUARY 12 ‑ FEBRUARY 14

DAYNA STEPHENS – SAXOPHONES

AARON PARKS – PIANO

BEN STREET – BASS

JAIMEO BROWN – DRUMS

$10

Streams on Friday & Saturday at 8pm Eastern. Each show is available until 8pm ET the following day.

12 hours ago, kh1958 said:

From Jazz Gallery:

COMING UP... 

LOCKDOWN SESSIONS, NO. 33
FEATURING
TIM BERNE
GERALD CLAYTON
KASSA OVERALL & SULLIVAN FORTNER
KEVIN SUN
Thurs Feb 18th
TARBABY
LIVESTREAM CONCERT
Orrin Evans -piano
Eric Revis -bass
Nasheet Waits -drums

That should be a good Lockdown! I already have Tarbaby on my calendar.

CHAN CENTRE DOT COM SERIES

Magos Herrera and Brooklyn Rider

A digital production presented by the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts

Watch online from Feb 12, 2021 at 7pm PT | Live pre-show artist talk at 6:15pm PT

Read about the virtual experience here

One of contemporary Latin music’s most expressive voices, Magos Herrera is “without a doubt the best jazz singer out of Mexico, and is establishing herself among the best singers in jazz” (JazzTimes). Known for her eloquent vocal improvisations that embrace Latin American melodies and rhythms, Mexican-born Herrera’s exquisite songs in Spanish, English, and Portuguese surpass language boundaries with their exceptional beauty.

The dizzyingly eclectic string quartet Brooklyn Rider has worked with Yo-Yo Ma and Joshua Redman, and performed music by Philip Glass and Björk. “The future of chamber music” (Strings Magazine), Brooklyn Rider features violinists Johnny Gandelsman and Colin Jacobsen, violist Nicholas Cords, and cellist Michael Nicolas, plus guest percussionist Mathias Kunzli.

These omnivorous artists join forces for Dreamers—a project that celebrates music as a political act by imaginatively reinterpreting gems from the Ibero-American songbook (Caetano Veloso, João Gilberto, etc.) alongside new pieces adapted from texts written by Rubén Darío, Federico García Lorca, and other poets from regions that endured brutal state violence. An outspoken social justice champion, Herrera stresses that these are beautiful songs, but beauty with purpose: “It’s important to remember that every big change in history happened because someone dared to dream about it.”

PRE-SHOW TALK: There will be a pre-show talk for this performance via Zoom at 6:15pm PT on Friday, February 12. Magos Herrera and Brooklyn Rider’s Colin Jacobsen will join Pablo Pietropaolo for a conversation about their music and collaboration. More information on how to watch this online event will be available closer to the date.

"Magos Herrera, the smoky-voiced jazz singer from Mexico, practically whispers the verses, their poetic images swirling...she gets way under the skin of the song, recalling great communicators like Edith Piaf or Billie Holiday. And she's backed by Brooklyn Rider, a string quartet of boundless imagination"
NPR

1 hour ago, kh1958 said:
CHAN CENTRE DOT COM SERIES

Magos Herrera and Brooklyn Rider

A digital production presented by the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts

Watch online from Feb 12, 2021 at 7pm PT | Live pre-show artist talk at 6:15pm PT

Read about the virtual experience here

One of contemporary Latin music’s most expressive voices, Magos Herrera is “without a doubt the best jazz singer out of Mexico, and is establishing herself among the best singers in jazz” (JazzTimes). Known for her eloquent vocal improvisations that embrace Latin American melodies and rhythms, Mexican-born Herrera’s exquisite songs in Spanish, English, and Portuguese surpass language boundaries with their exceptional beauty.

The dizzyingly eclectic string quartet Brooklyn Rider has worked with Yo-Yo Ma and Joshua Redman, and performed music by Philip Glass and Björk. “The future of chamber music” (Strings Magazine), Brooklyn Rider features violinists Johnny Gandelsman and Colin Jacobsen, violist Nicholas Cords, and cellist Michael Nicolas, plus guest percussionist Mathias Kunzli.

This looks interesting.  I have heard a few projects involving Brooklyn Rider.  Of course, 7 pm PT is 10 pm here (Eastern), so I should also be able to see the Regina Carter/Xavier Davis concert at 8 Eastern - https://www.dso.org/events-and-tickets/events/2021-digital/wave2/regina-carter-and-xavier-davis

First Fridays with Jackie Venson and Band!

from Jackie Venson

Live Stream Ticket + Digital Album
First Fridays with Jackie Venson and Band! main photo
Date
March 5, 2021 [Postponed to March 12, 2021]
Start time
8:30 PM CST

8:30pm Green Room Hang
9pm Music Starts

I'm leaving my rehearsal space and coming to y'all once again with the full band. I had so much fun on my birthday I've decided to make it a series! Just like last time, it'll be a long set filled with good times and great music. You can expect a multi-camera setup, with high quality video and audio, all for only $5. I hope y'all can join me, much love! 

Includes unlimited streaming of Vintage Machine Digital Albumvia the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

Buy Now  $5 USD or more 

This live stream is hosted on Bandcamp, and requires a free Bandcamp fan account to view.
A replay of this stream will be available for 24 hours.
Edited by kh1958

Village Vanguard this weekend:

DAYNA STEPHENS QUARTET

FEBRUARY 12 ‑ FEBRUARY 14

DAYNA STEPHENS – SAXOPHONES

AARON PARKS – PIANO

BEN STREET – BASS

JAIMEO BROWN – DRUMS

$10

Streams on Friday & Saturday at 8pm Eastern

Will likely tune in Sat.  If I read the email correctly, this is the last streaming session (as they try to return to in-person shows) but there will be some repeats apparently made available.

On 2021-02-10 at 11:17 PM, ejp626 said:

This looks interesting.  I have heard a few projects involving Brooklyn Rider.  Of course, 7 pm PT is 10 pm here (Eastern), so I should also be able to see the Regina Carter/Xavier Davis concert at 8 Eastern - https://www.dso.org/events-and-tickets/events/2021-digital/wave2/regina-carter-and-xavier-davis

The Chan Centre concert is starting right now.  Turns out this is a recording done in Mexico in 2019!

There seemed to be huge technical difficulties with the DSO streaming of Carter/Davis and they pushed it back to 8:30 and then it never started at all (at least for me).  I'm going to write tomorrow and see what the story is and whether they will try streaming it again.

SMALLS
Monday 2/15

5PM & 7PM
Doors Open at 4:15pm

JOE FARNSWORTH TRIO W. GEORGE CABLES
Joe Farnsworth / Drums
George Cables / Piano
Peter Washington / Bass

SPONSORED BY TOM CETRINO
Click Here To Reserve

SMALLS
Saturday 2/20

5 PM & 7 PM 

Doors Open at 4:15pm
PHILIP HARPER QUINTET
Philip Harper / Trumpet
Jon Beshay / Tenor Sax
Miki Yamanaka / Piano
Dishan Harper / Bass
Curtis Nowosad / Drums

Saturday, March 20, 5-11 EST:

EAST COAST JAZZ FESTIVAL

Chris' Jazz Cafe

6pm ~ Bassist Alex Claffy & his Quartet, featuring saxophonist/vocalist Sonny Step

8pm ~ The New Ari Hoenig Trio with pianist Gadi Lehavi & bassist Ben Tiberio

10pm ~ Pianist Orrin Evans Quartet, with bassist Luques Curtis & drummer Mark Whitfield Jr, featuring special guest saxophonist Immanuel Wilkins

Smalls

5 p.m. - Nicole Glover Trio

7 p.m. - Warren Wolf Quartet

9 p.m. - Mike Ledonne Quartet feat. Vincent Herring

Blues Alley

6 p.m. - Miki Yamanaka

8 p.m. - Eri Yamamoto

10 p.m. - Yoko Miwa

Scullers Jazz Club (Taped)

6 p.m. Christian Sands

8 p.m. Keyon Harrolds

10 p.m. Tia Fuller

Keystone Korner Baltimore

5 p.m. - Obasi Akoto Oceanic Jazz Orchestra/ Jean Carn & Company

7 p.m. - Cyrus Chestnut & Affirmation with Tim Green, Obasi Akoto & Quincy Phillips

9 p.m. - Big Chief Donald Harrison with Warren Wolf, Kris Funn, Alex Brown, John Lamkin III

Birdland Jazz Club (Taped)

5 p.m. - David Ostwald's Louis Armstrong Eternity Band / Ken Peplowski & Rossano Sportiello Duo

7 p.m. - Ben Allison, Ted Nash, & Steve Cardeans Play The Music of Jimmy Giuffre & Jim Hall / Champian Fulton Quartet "Bird Song" A Charlie Parker Centennial Celebration

9 p.m. - Houston Person Quartet / Veronica Swift with The Emmet Cohen Trio

Chico Freeman
FREE Livestream
Saturday February 27
2:30PM NY | 7:30PM London | 8:30PM Zurich 
from
Moods, Zurich Switzerland 

On Saturday, February 27, join Chico Freeman Group on Chico's Facebook Page and JazzCorner's Facebook Page for an exciting and compelling concert from Moods in Zurich, Switzerland. The Chicago native, has been in lockdown in Switzerland since early 2020 and this is his first major performance since then.

Saxophonist, composer and producer, Chico Freeman is always on the lookout for new ways of expressing himself in order to continue the legacy and tradition of jazz in a new guise. For this performance at Moods, he gathered a handful of outstanding musicians with different musical backgrounds: Amine M’Raihi is celebrated as a unique and innovative oud virtuoso, Jim Hart is considered one of the most inventive vibraphone players of his generation, bassist Emanuel Schnyder and drummer Luigi Galati provide the rhythmic foundation along with multi percussionist Alberto Garcia Navarro. Together they play music by Chico Freeman and by former companions, always looking for new approaches.

Reminder: The Jazz From Detroit Virtual Music Marathon is today between 2-7 p.m. A $9 ticket gets you access for two weeks. Performances Charles McPherson & Randy Porter; Robert Hurst and Black Current Jam, Regina Carter and Xavier Davis, and Michael Malis/Marcus Elliot duo. I'm handling artist interviews and I co-produced the event. Here's the link. 

https://www.dso.org/events-and-tickets/events/2021-digital/wave2/jazz-from-detroit-virtual-music-marathon