I'm ambivalent about it all, but again, the money will be good.

Your words speak my own opinion, almost exactly. Sometimes I enjoy being apathetic. You know? My job is just something I do to be able to enjoy my non-work time.

I work to live. I don't live to work.

Congrats on finding something better to do with your work hours. But, keep enjoying your non-work hours just the same. The non-work hours have always been what's more important to me.

At the same time, it's a bittersweet situation. You have to spend so much of your time at work, why not find a way to enjoy it, and maximize your income, as much as possible.

Beautifully stated, Wesbed.

Pretty much describes my feelings. At 44, I'm long past grandiose ambitions. I did, however, despise my previous job and actually enjoy this new job. I'm gabbing with people most of the time, and I like doing that!

BTW, if any of you live in Dearborn or Ypsilanti or Ann Arbor, let me know and we can hook up at the bank.

GregK: I'll pm you when I know I will be in the Ann Arbor branch.

I'll still be able to post but won't be able to maintain my former postrate. All hopes of catching Moose are gone! :rsmile:

Positive side is that you all don't have to read as much of my drivel as before! :P

Congrats, Paul!

Well, I'm losing my job in securites operations on April 27th, and we may be looking to move back up north, so maybe i'll come work for you! :lol::lol:

Seriously, good luck!

You mean, financial securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, annuities, insurance) right?

Look me up, man. Serious.

I'll still be able to post but won't be able to maintain my former postrate. 

You know, when you get to be our age, you really have to keep an eye on that "postrate". ;)

Congrats, Paul. Hope it works out to your liking. Just think of this place as your oasis, where you can come and vent, relax or whatever.

I started a new job this week.

I now work in the securities department of a large bank and will be responsible for four branches in Michigan (two in Dearborn, one in Ypsilanti, and an in-store branch in Ann Arbor.)

Have I got a floating strike lookback option for you! Or perhaps a credit risk derivative would suit your fancy...

Paul,

I work during the day sometimes in Ann Arbor (like today!). 120 mile commute for me, too. We should do lunch sometime.

That would be great, Jim.

I'm scheduled to be in the Ypsilanti branch every Wednesday. I'm "on call" at the Ann Arbor in-store branch, so no set schedule there.

Let me know when you will be in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area.