!!! Taylor Swift Going For The A&M/CTI Look

JSngry

I'm with you, Jim.  From a design perspective, I see a tip of the cap to those covers with these. Even if it's not an overt "lift."

They're definitely shooting for a early-1970s aesthetic. You see it in the photos too. The wood paneling. The old phone. The furniture & décor. The electric organ. Her clothes.

Even the way that the photos are color saturated reminds me of A&M/CTI.

Looks like the kids are romanticizing the old, pre-digital world -- an old new theme. 

These guys did a variation on the same:

theband.png

Edited by HutchFan

29 minutes ago, Bluesnik said:

I've read different things about this too. Like the appreciation of CDs. Or the appeal to millenials of everything 1999 or Y2K. Like the Razor Motorola Flip-Phone.

Yep.  Cultural recycling and/or re-appropriation is a thing.  Especially in our post- post-modern world.

Edited by HutchFan

4 hours ago, HutchFan said:

I'm with you, Jim.  From a design perspective, I see a tip of the cap to those covers with these. Even if it's not an overt "lift."

They're definitely shooting for a early-1970s aesthetic. You see it in the photos too. The wood paneling. The old phone. The furniture & décor. The electric organ. Her clothes.

Even the way that the photos are color saturated reminds me of A&M/CTI.

Looks like the kids are romanticizing the old, pre-digital world -- an old new theme. 

These guys did a variation on the same:

theband.png

Having just watched Paul Thomas Anderson's Licorice PIzza last night, I'm feeling especially attuned to the early-70s aesthetic today.  And that last picture looks right out of a photoshoot for the Band or end-of-60s Byrds... very Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

1 hour ago, Bluesnik said:

I've read different things about this too. Like the appreciation of CDs. Or the appeal to millenials of everything 1999 or Y2K. Like the Razor Motorola Flip-Phone.

Yep--may have already told the story here about my 13-year-old niece at a holiday gathering last winter, telling me how much she loves flip phones and CDs.  

6 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

:lol: :lol: No wonder it had that "vibe"!  I read the original post too hurriedly and thought I was seeing a photo of a modern-day group attempting to emulate a late-1960s rock Americana look.  Thanks for the clarification!

Here's a similarly-vibed pic of the Gram Parsons era Byrds, just to complete the set. Parsons is in front, Roger McGuinn is over his left shoulder, all the way to the right in the photo:

No photo description available.

Edited by felser