What are the qualities you dislike the most?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dishonesty and cheapness are two qualities I don't value very much.

I don't know which is worse. :(

Well...cheapness is a pretty general term...I can see someone being selfless in their cheapness, putting a kid thru college, for a car for the spouse...Dishonesty on the other hand....that is almost always a selfish thing to do.

I'm missing something here.

Dishonesty, cheapness, arrogance, cruelty, hypocrasy, bigotry.

How are these qualities?

Is there some level of post-modern irony that completely escapes me.

I smell the wide Atlantic!

Okay... traits.

Remember I only saw 3 "F's". :lol:

The school system in California ain't that great. :P

Insincerity, phoniness, hypocrisy/whatever. Some of the most interesting people I've ever known (and worked with) have been fucked-up assholes. But we can do business (and actually enjoy each other's company) because the cards are on the table. If I don't read them right, hey, that one's on me. At least they have a code, and at least they live by it. It's the backstabbing, two-faced, never-admit-to-a-lie-even-when-you-catch-'em-dead-to-rights motherfuckers who I have no patience for.

Be upfront about who and what you are, even if it's an asshole, that's what I prefer.

You guys have hit on most of what I dislike about the character/traits of some people.

JS, you are right.

My uncle always used to say, "when you first start dating a girl, tell her up front that you are a real son-of-a-bitch pain in the ass, she will thank you for it forty years from now."

I didn't take the advice before I married, but I live by it now. Even though I'm a nice guy, I feel it best to warn people things can get crazy. B)

I'll give an example of something I really hate, this might be classified as cheap fake asshole.

You go out to dinner with a group of people, the check comes and some lame ass examines the fucking thing for 15 minutes decides he and his lady ate about $32.15 worth of food, had a cocktail or two, and some wine, so he throws in forty bucks, and get's up. When you total the pot up, guess what, it's short, causing others to have to kick more in.

A friend of a friend did this shit the other night to the group. We normally split it even or one picks the whole thing up, and the next time it is reciprocated. If this check was split evenly, home boy and his hag should have kicked in at the very least about $120 plus tip, considering he picked the funky ass wine. :rolleyes:

People who are glib and without compassion about someone else's suffering.

People who only care about themselves and wouldn't stoop to help another human being.

People who can't see the big picture.

People who are completely uninformed on an issue and have their mouths open the widest and the loudest.

People who make right turns from left lanes.

I'll give an example of something I really hate, this might be classified as cheap fake asshole.

You go out to dinner with a group of people, the check comes and some lame ass examines the fucking thing for 15 minutes decides he and his lady ate about $32.15 worth of food, had a cocktail or two, and some wine, so he throws in forty bucks, and get's up. When you total the pot up, guess what, it's short, causing others to have to kick more in.

You got that right !!!

That's what I called cheapness in my 1st post.

This sort of thing happened to me numerous times. Basically I really HATE being the one who pays the bill. It's like no matter how much is put into the pot I always have to add some, either people don't leave the tips or just figure the one who pays is gonna cover them.

Some make it a habit [like the guy on Larry David who used to run to the bathroom every time the waiter brought a check].

You got that right !!!

That's what I called cheapness in my 1st post.

This sort of thing happened to me numerous times. Basically I really HATE being the one who pays the bill. It's like no matter how much is put into the pot I always have to add some, either people don't leave the tips or just figure the one who pays is gonna cover them.

Some make it a habit [like the guy on Larry David who used to run to the bathroom every time the waiter brought a check].

Anything I see on Larry David cracks me up. :g

But, in real life D, it sucks!

For me it always seems like I am one of the unlucky few that get's stuck holding the short check and having to make up the difference plus leave the waiter/waitress a decent tip. Now that I am single it sucks twice as much!

I had a real bad experience in Vegas with that shit, as a result I don't speak to a couple of those clowns anymore.

I had a real bad experience in Vegas with that shit, as a result I don't speak to a couple of those clowns anymore.

That used to piss me off something awful when well-off yuppies would stiff me on $10 at the dinner table, on a regular basis.

Guess what - we don't hang any more and I don't feel bad one bit.

$10 or $20, or even $100 is a small price to pay for weeding out a$$holes.

Dishonesty and cheapness are two qualities I don't value very much.

I don't know which is worse. :(

Funny topic for a thread...you must have just had a run-in with someone on the board. Tell us who it was and we'll torture them to death by making them watch logo.jpg:excited::g

cheapnis! and torture that will never stop...

who has inverted icecream cones with matted hair on the mind now?

I'm amused by all this check drama. When I go out with a bunch of female friends, we just split the bill evenly. If someone drank more or whatever and insists, they may kick in some extra and pass a couple bills back to the rest of the group. What I hate is when people want to only pay for what they ate.