Singularity Codex -- Matthew Shipp on RogueArt

1 hour ago, cayetano said:

Before the world (FMP), Berlin 1995

Creation out of nothing (SoLyd) Moscow 2009

Art of the Improviser (Thirsty ear) CD2: New York 2010

Invisible Touch (hatOLOGY) Zurich 2016

Ao Vivo Jazz Na Fabrica / Invisible Light (SESC / ezz-thetics) Sao Paulo 2016

Some interesting suggestions that I don't know. I'll give these a go.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The BASTIDS are out of stock for the moment but should be getting more in shortly. I dig the writeup, which is now live (and wasn't up there the other day).

https://www.dustygroove.com/item/149232/Clifford-Allen:Singularity-Codex-Matthew-Shipp-On-Rogue-Art?sf=singularity+codex&incl_oos=1&incl_cs=1&kwfilter=singularity+codex&sort_order=artist

Rapped a bit about the book & related matters for The Music Book Podcast with veteran underground music scribe Marc Masters:

https://themusicbookpodcast.buzzsprout.com/2120946/13380170-015-clifford-allen-on-matthew-shipp

Also, if you are in NYC on 7 September, Matt, Yuko Otomo, and I will be doing a talk on the book & LES art/music/culture at Village Works on St Marks -- moderated by critic & historian Carlo McCormick, it is free and starts at 7 PM.

20 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Rapped a bit about the book & related matters for The Music Book Podcast with veteran underground music scribe Marc Masters:

https://themusicbookpodcast.buzzsprout.com/2120946/13380170-015-clifford-allen-on-matthew-shipp

Also, if you are in NYC on 7 September, Matt, Yuko Otomo, and I will be doing a talk on the book & LES art/music/culture at Village Works on St Marks -- moderated by critic & historian Carlo McCormick, it is free and starts at 7 PM.

Enjoyed the podcast.

The book's just been pushed off the top of my to read pile by a new William Blake biography but I'll get there

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that I forgot to mention two panels/readings/whatnot. It's been a crazy month for a lot of reasons, yeesh.

One is TONIGHT at Village Works on St. Marks in NYC at 7PM with me, Matt, Yuko Otomo, and Carlo McCormick.

The next one is at Issue Project Room in Brooklyn as part of an October 3 showing of the Steve Circuit (shorts by Matt Mottel & Yuko), and I will be on a Dalachinsky-related panel with the filmmakers and artist-vocalist Jean Carla Rodea.

Both events are free and open to the public.

I have been reading the book in small chunks for the past week or so. I got through all the interviews and I am not reading the pieces on the specific recordings. I am really enjoying the additional insight the book gives on Shipp generally, and specifically the RogueArt recordings. I have a few of the recordings in my collection and have already started pulling some of them out for listening.