2023 NFL Thread

JSngry

1 hour ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

I don't get why so many people get their panties in a bunch over Taylor Swift. It's not like she was advocating for anything other than her boyfriend's team.

The way I see it, she brought a lot of new football viewers, particularly young women, which can only be a good thing for that sport, which has a history of being pretty misogynistic.

And you really think those "new football viewers" are in it for the long haul, or is that until Swift breaks up with him?  Sorry I think you have a better chance of bringing new listeners to jazz thru Kenny G then you do of new fans of football thru Taylor Swift and her never ending relationship woes.

Speaking of, why exactly would someone want to date her at this point? Don't you have to know you will be the subject of her poison pen sooner or later?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

And you really think those "new football viewers" are in it for the long haul, or is that until Swift breaks up with him?  Sorry I think you have a better chance of bringing new listeners to jazz thru Kenny G then you do of new fans of football thru Taylor Swift and her never ending relationship woes.

Speaking of, why exactly would someone want to date her at this point? Don't you have to know you will be the subject of her poison pen sooner or later?

My daughter started watching football back in 2001 when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl and she has become a bigger fan than I am. She loves watching the game. I think that the NFL getting more women to watch their sport can only benefit the league going forward.

And let's be honest here - a majority of the hatred for Taylor Swift has nothing to do with her new relationship with Kelce and a lot more to do with other aspects of her life which cannot be spoken of here.

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

No OT but for that missed PAT. 

Not necessarily so because the Chiefs would have played it differently. 

7 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

The first 3 quarters of that game were brutal to watch. Thankfully things picked up in the 4th and OT. Had the Niners won, game ball should have gone to special teamer Chris Conley who absolutely balled out. 

I don’t know about that. He was also the one whose foot touched the ball on the botched punt. 

1 hour ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

My daughter started watching football back in 2001 when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl and she has become a bigger fan than I am. She loves watching the game. I think that the NFL getting more women to watch their sport can only benefit the league going forward.

And let's be honest here - a majority of the hatred for Taylor Swift has nothing to do with her new relationship with Kelce and a lot more to do with other aspects of her life which cannot be spoken of here.

I think she’s terrific (not that I really follow her music) but I hope their relationship works out if that’s what they want. 

• 2 months later...