What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I bought Delightfulee. Have to say, I don't like it nearly as much as Leeway.

How did you like Underwhelminglee?

Not nearly as much as Wonderfulee.

(Seriouslee, the orchestral tracks on Delightfulee are a bit of a drag, and they don't fit in with the rest of the album.)

Yesterday I bought Delightfulee. Have to say, I don't like it nearly as much as Leeway.

How did you like Underwhelminglee?

Not nearly as much as Wonderfulee.

(Seriouslee, the orchestral tracks on Delightfulee are a bit of a drag, and they don't fit in with the rest of the album.)

Dissappointinglee.

I've picked up several more Paris recordings. Some from the Vogue "In Paris" series (Eldridge and Raney v.1) and the Dizzy Digs Paris 2-CD set. This one is pretty nice. It covers the entire In Paris v. 1 with one additional track from the Salle Pleyel concert and almost all of the In Paris v. 2. Then several more of the "Americans Swinging in Paris" series. Then Jimmy Raney w/ Bob Brookmeyer, which I am listening to right now. Finally, I ordered the Dave Bailey Two Feet in the Gutter sessions and the last copy of Wilen from CD Universe. So enough to work through for a couple of weeks, I think.

I totally forgot my Yourmusic order of Andrew Hill's Change and Turrentine's A Bluish Bag. I'm just a bit disappointed they added the Frank Foster as well, since I paid too much for a used copy the month before.

Anyway, I was really digging the Raney/Brookmeyer, esp. the last track "Too Late Now" which has just a bit of a Midnight Blue vibe going on. I'm certainly glad this was reissued. In general, I think this Decca Originals series has a pretty low profile.

Edited by ejp626

The Arlington Public Library's bi-annual book sale provided these vinyl goodies:

Claus Ogerman Orchestra GATE OF DREAMS

Kenny Barron SUNSET TO DAWN (Muse)

Kenny Burrell RECAPITULATION (part of the Chess Jazz Masters Series)

Thad Jones/Mel Lewis (part of the Blue Note Reissue Series)

Dexter Gordon (part of the Blue Note Reissue Series)

Cal Tjader (part of the Verve Return Engagement Series)

Horace Silver SILVER 'N BRASS

INTRODUCING DUKE PEARSON'S BIG BAND (BLP 4276. That's right: MONO PROMO COPY, BABY!!!!!)

McCoy Tyner FLY WITH THE WIND (Milestone)

McCoy Tyner TRIDENT (Milestone)

Total cost: FIVE FREAKIN' DOLLARS!!!! I actually had to put some records back cuz five bucks was all I had. They also had a copy of Don Sebesky's GIANT BOX, for which I paid $6 on eBay, but could've gotten for $0.50 yesterday. Heck, I may just go back and get it and eBay it, see if I get my money back! :g Today's half-price day, so I may be back in this thread later......

Edited by Big Al

Today's half-price day, so I may be back in this thread later......

Byrds one-off disastrous reunion album (wow, it really is pretty bad)

The Ventures Play Telstar and the Lonely Bull (mono)

Don Sebesky GIANT BOX (complete with booklet)

Dom um Ramao HOTMOSPHERE (Pablo)

A BAD DONATO (Blue Thumb)

Lalo Schifrin PIANO, STRINGS, AND BOSSA NOVA (MGM)

Not a bad haul for a whole buck-fifty! :excited:

Edited by Big Al

19891.jpg

Amazingly, I randomly happened upon this from an Amazon seller. With ebay prices at least 600-800 bucks (when it rarely shows up), I had resigned myself to never getting this set (and kicking myself for not getting it when it was available). It was a boatload of cash for a box set, but a bargain for this one. This is one of the top 3 Mosaic sets I've wanted. Can't wait!

Edited by billyboy

I've been meaning to post these purchases after taking advantage of the Concord Records sale. Ordered these on a Sunday afternoon and they arrived this past Thursday.

Howard McGhee - Maggie's Back In Town!

Jimmy Woods - Conflict

Nat Adderley Quintet - Branching Out

Blue Mitchell - Blue's Moods

Blue Mitchell - The Cup Bearers

Jimmy Heath - Really Big

The Junior Cook Quintet - Junior's Cookin'

Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All Stars - Volume 3

I just ordered some OJCs from the Concord sale (not a bad deal if you get over the free shipping threshold):

Art Farmer, Farmer's Market

Hampton Hawes, Bird Song

Clifford Jordan, Bearcat

Clifford Jordan, Spellbound

Blue Mitchell, Out of the Blue

Bobby Timmons, Soul Time

I've been meaning to post these purchases after taking advantage of the Concord Records sale. Ordered these on a Sunday afternoon and they arrived this past Thursday.

Howard McGhee - Maggie's Back In Town!

Jimmy Woods - Conflict

Nat Adderley Quintet - Branching Out

Blue Mitchell - Blue's Moods

Blue Mitchell - The Cup Bearers

Jimmy Heath - Really Big

The Junior Cook Quintet - Junior's Cookin'

Howard Rumsey's Lighthouse All Stars - Volume 3

Some nice choices! What do you think of Conflict?