• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already on it but we need to know what the ump said in defending the ejection

And I gotta say "you've been bullshit all game" is absolutely a "don't say that if you don't want to have the rest of the day off" thing, and even if you are walking away.  

On 5/5/2024 at 8:47 AM, Dan Gould said:

Already on it but we need to know what the ump said in defending the ejection

And I gotta say "you've been bullshit all game" is absolutely a "don't say that if you don't want to have the rest of the day off" thing, and even if you are walking away.  

Judge has been in MLB for 7+ years without getting ejected prior to this incident, and—as I’ve documented before—is the far-and-away leader when it comes to balls being called strikes. I’ll grant that the call he was protesting was on a borderline pitch that could have gone either way, but it’s amazing to me that Judge went this long without being tossed, given all the blown calls he’s endured since coming up in 2016. Robo-ump is coming, sooner or later, and the game will be the better for it. 

The union needs to self-police. Simple as that. And if they don't, hey.

I read some recent stats somewhere that the percentage of missed calls has decreased every year for the last 6-7 years.

I don't know whether to believe that or not, but it's hardly news that the more you want to complain about something, the easier it is to find something to complain about.

The strike zone is one thing, but of more concern is the Napoleonic behavior of some of our Men In Blue. Talk about self-inflicted wounds...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40148726/astros-ronel-blanco-ejected-foreign-substance-check

You'd think the Astros would be extra committed to not cheating, given it's sort of their permanent reputation nowadays.  But no.  And I know other teams cheat as well, but they're posterboys for it.

The Astros were my favorite team from about 1982 until the discovery of the cheating in the 2017 WS season, so about 35 years. 

Since then I've lived in Philly (and now Phoenix), so my loyalties are with the Fightin' Phils.  Went to the last NLCS game in 2022 where they beat the Padres to advance to the WS, and then Game 4 of the WS, where the Astros beat Philly and then ultimately won (maybe legitimately this time?) the WS.  Also went to 3 Phillies/Diamondbacks games during the regular season here in Phoenix in 2023, and then Game 4 of the NLCS vs the DBacks as well.  So again, go Phillies!

1 hour ago, Aggie87 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40148726/astros-ronel-blanco-ejected-foreign-substance-check

You'd think the Astros would be extra committed to not cheating, given it's sort of their permanent reputation nowadays.  But no.  And I know other teams cheat as well, but they're posterboys for it.

The Astros were my favorite team from about 1982 until the discovery of the cheating in the 2017 WS season, so about 35 years. 

The "learning curve" of some teams doesn't seem to be steep (enough) ....