Josey Records just got an incredible audiophile collection with a buncha Mosaics

They alphabetize by first name on the website. Pet peeve!

I've been if, not exactly burned, then heavily toasted a few times by their vinyl grading. At this point in the game, I feel no urgency to go there...or anywhere really...more than once a year.

They also opened a store in Plano that is extremely underwhelming in quality of inventory, but their pricing seems to indicate that they think otherwise. It's just a few blocks away, but it might as well be in Waxahachie for all I care!

But - I found a Mosaic on this tip here that I had been missing for years (vinyl only, dammit) at a fair price, with free Media Mail shipping, so even with Tx sales tax, it still beats the time and gas it would take to drive there and back.

So, good lookin' out Al. Thanks!

Ok...so my card has been charged but my item is still out on the for sale. What's to keep somebody from buying it out from under me? Apparently nothing.

What happens then? They issue a refund. When? When they get around to pulling my order and see that it's gone.

How long will that take? It depends, calls like mine slow everybody down.

So customers slow you down? Yeah.

That's what the man said .

He also said that this happens with all stores. I had to correct him on that since I've been doing mail order with Dusty Groove for decades now and never had that happen. When you order an item, it6 flagged as unavailable both online and in-house.

He did not seem to be impressed.

I definitely was not impressed.

Slackers.

1 hour ago, kh1958 said:

I purchased two sets online; in a short time I got an email that they were ready to be picked up; when I got there they were set aside behind the counter waiting for me. No problem at all.

Have ever had them mail anything to you? That seems to be the wrinkle here. I placed the order last night, and at 3 PM today, they had no idea what I was talking about about. 15+ minutes on hold before they even began to figure it out. But my card has already been charged!

Ok, orders come in overnight. Pull them first thing in the AM. You don't have to pack and mail right away, just get them off the damn shelf. You've gotten paid, so that should be the least you can do.

Maybe they have their act more together than they present. I certainly hope so, because "we'll get to it when we get to it and if somebody else beats you to it, sorry, we'll get you a refund - when we get to it. In the meantime, we've got your money but we can't guarantee that you'll get your product" is not a good customer-facing look for any business.

Mail order is not for everybody, business and consumer. I think that in the case of me and Josey Records, that's the case for both of us.

3 minutes ago, JSngry said:

"we'll get to it when we get to it and if somebody else beats you to it, sorry, we'll get you a refund - when we get to it. In the meantime, we've got your money but we can't guarantee that you'll get your product"

Sounds like a record store. (BTW: those Mosaics aren't mine ... yet).

Ok, maybe my call moved things along, maybe not. But the order has now shipped!

That phone call was just...amateur. I expect that level of slackdom in-store, like Rod says, it's a record store. But a business with 5(?) locations in 2(?) states conducting on-line commerce should be prepared to project competence and competency with unseen customers. Such was not the case here. But all's well that ends well.

I've gotten spoiled/lucky with Dusty Groove. Those guys are great on the phone!

And I know- what even is a phone call?

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

Have ever had them mail anything to you? That seems to be the wrinkle here. I placed the order last night, and at 3 PM today, they had no idea what I was talking about about. 15+ minutes on hold before they even began to figure it out. But my card has already been charged!

Ok, orders come in overnight. Pull them first thing in the AM. You don't have to pack and mail right away, just get them off the damn shelf. You've gotten paid, so that should be the least you can do.

Maybe they have their act more together than they present. I certainly hope so, because "we'll get to it when we get to it and if somebody else beats you to it, sorry, we'll get you a refund - when we get to it. In the meantime, we've got your money but we can't guarantee that you'll get your product" is not a good customer-facing look for any business.

Mail order is not for everybody, business and consumer. I think that in the case of me and Josey Records, that's the case for both of us.

I thought about doing it mail order, but then I decided to check the pick up myself box, as I've been on a post office losing streak lately.