Impulse on Banadcamp

medjuck

19 hours ago, medjuck said:

I've noticed a couple of releases from Impulse on Bandcamp.  What's up with that?  (I'm not complaining.)

Impulse (as a search term) doesn’t seem to bring back any albums.  Would you share some examples of what you saw?  Thanks!!

5 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

The Messthetics are described as "Washington DC’s experimental jazz punk trio". I don't think I'd go that far but whatever it is, it's not for me.

I love the cover - classic Impulse.  Music, not sure yet.  Thanks for the link.

On 4/18/2024 at 3:24 AM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

The Messthetics are described as "Washington DC’s experimental jazz punk trio". I don't think I'd go that far but whatever it is, it's not for me.

So I did a quick dive into this and apparently this description comes from two of the members of Messthetics being former members of the punk band Fugazi (which I only have passing knowledge of). 

7 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

So I did a quick dive into this and apparently this description comes from two of the members of Messthetics being former members of the punk band Fugazi (which I only have passing knowledge of). 

Yes, that's correct. Messthetics are bass/drums from Fugazi plus Anthony Pirog on guitar. It's an interesting combination of progressive loud rock and jazz. Not for everybody, but I like it. Saw them at Big Ears, too. Very high energy.

messlewis.thumb.jpg.f6fd5a89f7a5f581fe30069f8c3ae279.jpg

Edited by BFrank