Some Forum Adminstrators are so ANAL

I was visiting another music forum the other day when I stumbled across a thread about OBI strips and Japanese CD's. Someone wanted to know if keeping the OBI strips made the cd's more 'collectible'.

I remembered that shrugs made a joke here a while back that he smoked the OBI strips. So, I posted a silly comment about using the strips to roll OBI-Doobies. ;)

Well, I received a private message from one of the admins that he deleted my post.

Since we have a lot of young folks that frequent the forum, [we] felt it was necesary to remove your post in this thread, in the interest of maintaining the Forum's "family friendly" atmosphere.

Gimme a break! :blink::rolleyes:

It really made me appreciate the freedom that Jim gives us here.

B3-er, thanks for running this place with a laissez-faire philosphy.

VIVA Organissimo! VIVA Organissimo Forums!

For the record, I stated that the used cd I was selling did not have the Obi due to it being smoked. It was mainly a poke at the obsession some collectors have with having every last scrap of something. I'll never forget someone backing out of a trade because I didn't have the OBI.

But getting back to that administrator....

Sounds like they have too much time on their hands.....

Edited by shrugs

Dear Sirs:

You guys joke, but how would you feel if, because of this comment, suddenly young people started smoking marijuana! As the youth of our country have never fallen into this insidious trap before, I for one am appalled that this cavalier attitude exists among my fellow jazz afficiandos. Our music has never been associated with drug use before, and with luck, it will remain drug free in the future.

Yours from another planet,

Richard Cranium