Joe Farrell lives!!!

Big Al

This morning while driving to work, I was listening to Andrew Hill's Passing Ships. Ever since I got this disc, I've been intrigued by the picture of the guy wailing on the sax on the inside cover: he just looks so damn familiar! And not like "famous musician" familiar, but more of a "I know that guy familiar!" So Farrell comes blowing away, and it finally struck me why that picture looks so familiar: it's because Jim Sangrey looks EXACTLY like Joe Farrell!!! Hell, he even plays as well as him, too! I came to this realization after hearing Quartet Out's Welcome to the Party, that Farrell and Sangrey have a similar attack: warm, yet angular; inviting, yet exciting nonetheless!

Anyone else (Jim included) notice the similarity? Or am I just really sleep-deprived right now?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................

Huh, wha.... man, I had the craziest dream: seems I went to go see Quartet Out play, and instead of Jim Sangrey, Joe Farrell was there, and then I came home and posted here that Jim Sangrey is really Joe Farrel reborn and.....

Whew! Glad it was only a dream. That could've been embarrassing! :g

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

You didn't know me back in the day when I was doing blow and screwing models.

Wait, that wasn't me, that was somebody else... Or was it?

Hell it was the 70s. I'm not supposed to remember.

Which means that maybe I am Joe Farrell. Lemme go to the pantry & open up a cuppla cans of peaches and find out.