EBAY HELP!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated. I purchased four items on Ebay from one seller. It has been a month and I haven't heard anything from him despite about a dozen e-mails on my part. I made the payment immediately after the auction via Paypal. I waited to give any feedback until I had given this guys plenty of time to respond, as he may have been out of town or had computer issues. After my 12 e-mails, I told the guy I would leave negative feedback if I didn't hear from him, so I did. Amazingly, he was quick to respond to the feedback, something to the effect the Paypal was on his side, whatever that means; he still has never contacted me. I also filed a claim with Paypal. I have filed negative feedback on the second item and have two to go. I'm not really a veteran of Ebay, having won about 30 items or so. I've also never been burned on Ebay/Paypal until now. If any of you have any experience in this area, I would appreciate any advise. It's not a bunch of money ($40.00) but the idea that this asshole has it just pisses :angry: me off. The seller is located in NY so it's not a matter of international shipping of something of this nature. Since the time I paid for these items, this guy has has several other negative feedback. Thanks in advance for all replies!

Mark

Edited by sheldonm

Mark, have you contacted Ebay? The guy is clearly a fraud. I don't know what ebay will do-my ebay disappointments have been limited to non-paying bidders and the occasional over-graded LP.

Care to share his ebay handle? It would be a good help for other members. You might also inform him that you will contact local law enforcment-that might get his attention, even if they are unlikely to follow up. (That's assuming he's not in NYC or a major metropolitan area.

But definitely contact Ebay.

His name is Piasano00, I know his actual name as it appears on my Paypal statement. I sent a note to Ebay towards the end of last week but have not heard a reply yet and my note to Paypal went out this morning. My first ten e-mails to the guys were polite but I notice I'm getting a little "nastier" now. I may never get the items or a refund but will stick with it for awhile longer. Everytime someone leaves a negative remark for this guy, he replies back with something like a bogus UPS tracking number or some other lie. I feel like bidding on some of his other items and then refusing to pay but I don't want negative feedback either! Bastard!!!

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the info, EasyRider, er, Mark! Glad I'm not in the market for Think Different posters!

Pathetic that this guy invents things like that. But he might get caught by careful readers-does Paypal ajudicate a dispute in less than 30 days? I can't imagine that they do such a thing so quickly-especially since they are now owned by Ebay and Ebay makes you wait quite a while before posting a non-paying bidder alert, for example.

So anyone who reads his claim that "Paypal ruled in my favor" might realize that this isn't even possible in the time frame given.

I would go really hard against Paypal to get this charge reversed.

Another reason to use credit cards rather than checking accounts with Paypal-you can take it up with your card issuer, too.

Another reason to use credit cards rather than checking accounts with Paypal-you can take it up with your card issuer, too.

Absolutely! I once challenged an internet purchase (non-ebay) because I never received the items and the only "proof" of shipment that I received was the vendor's assurance that shipment had been made. I wrote a very detailed letter to my credit card company, and the charge was removed in fairly short order. If a credit card was the source of your PayPal funding for this transaction, Mark, please give your credit card company a call soon.

hmmm, pisano now sells "posters" of 8.5"x11" that's US Letter, right?

originals are 11"x17", 19" X 28", or 24" x 36"

I do believe these to be reprints (mostly as I don't think Apple ever made this size) but they are indistinguishable from the original Apple posters.

uhuhh. sure.

think different...

18.jpg

I just got home from a party announcing the artist for the 2004 Indy Jazz fest and I have three e-mails from other Ebay members telling me they've been scammed also. I told them to keep writing paypal and ebay and to bombard the asshole with daily emails.....now how long's the drive to Watertown, NY ;) . By the way:

Buddy Guy

John Scofield

Brad Meldauh (sp)

Nancy Wilson/Ramsey Lewis

Pancho Sanchez

Issac Hayes

Blind Boys of Alabama

and a cast of 1000's coming to the Indy Jazz Fest over Father's Day weekend!!!

www.indyjazzfest.net

Well the asshole that scammed me (and countless others) has been suspended by ebay. I had emails from about 5 other buyers about this guy; everyone filed negative feedback and sent notes to both ebay and paypal. I have e-mailed this loser about 100 times (with no responses), I'm sure he's probably sick of it by now. I will probably never see my money again, but at least the guy (piasano00 a.k.a. Andrew Pope in NY) is gone for now.