Brad Posted June 30 Posted June 30 The title above says it all. Does anyone knows who sells these. Years ago Bags Unlimited had them but now they sell hard plastic covers which are too big and unwieldy. Quote
Dub Modal Posted June 30 Posted June 30 I saw some on etsy a while back that might work but they're also likely expensive. Have you tried U-Line? They tend to be commercial suppliers but bags and containers are up their alley. Quote
Big Beat Steve Posted June 30 Posted June 30 (edited) 1 hour ago, Brad said: The title above says it all. Does anyone knows who sells these. Years ago Bags Unlimited had them but now they sell hard plastic covers which are too big and unwieldy. Your query reminded me that I've been thinking about adding some "sleeves" to store some of my (Mosaic or, above all, NON-Mosaic) boxes) in. Further rubbing of the edges on the shelf boards should be avoidable after all. I've now checked the site of a German supplier that I've used for buying other vinyl storage items, and indeed they stock something that might fit your needs. The below two links are for protective sleeves for boxes with a spine width of approx. 50 mm and approx. 30 mm, respectively. https://protected.de/en/lp-cover-sleeves-box-closure-4 https://protected.de/en/lp-cover-sleeves-box-closure-3 Check out the Youtube video too to get a better idea of what this is all about. I don't know, of course, if overseas shipping from here would be economically viable at all, but at least this shows that such things ARE out there. A lot of their items are sourced from external suppliers (I've bought Japanese KATTA inner LP sleeves there, for example) so these box sleeves might be available elsewhere too. Edited June 30 by Big Beat Steve Quote
Brad Posted June 30 Author Posted June 30 (edited) 52 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said: Your query reminded me that I've been thinking about adding some "sleeves" to store some of my (Mosaic or, above all, NON-Mosaic) boxes) in. Further rubbing of the edges on the shelf boards should be avoidable after all. I've now checked the site of a German supplier that I've used for buying other vinyl storage items, and indeed they stock something that might fit your needs. The below two links are for protective sleeves for boxes with a spine width of approx. 50 mm and approx. 30 mm, respectively. https://protected.de/en/lp-cover-sleeves-box-closure-4 https://protected.de/en/lp-cover-sleeves-box-closure-3 Check out the Youtube video too to get a better idea of what this is all about. I don't know, of course, if overseas shipping from here would be economically viable at all, but at least this shows that such things ARE out there. A lot of their items are sourced from external suppliers (I've bought Japanese KATTA inner LP sleeves there, for example) so these box sleeves might be available elsewhere too. Thanks. Those look perfect. Edited June 30 by Brad Quote
Kevin Bresnahan Posted June 30 Posted June 30 https://www.bagsunlimited.com/thicker-boxed-album-set-sleeves-with-flap-14-x-15-x-3-mil-polyethylene?quantity=50 https://www.bagsunlimited.com/box-album-sleeves-with-flap-snug-fit-13-38-x-13-38-2-mil-polyethylene?quantity=50 Quote
B. Clugston Posted June 30 Posted June 30 Vinyl Storage Solutions, based in Winnipeg, stocks outer sleeves for box sets. I've bought a few and can recommend--they come in super clear plastic. https://vinylstoragesolutions.ca/collections/box-set-outer-sleeves Quote
Brad Posted July 1 Author Posted July 1 Thanks for the additional suggestions. I buy my inners and outers from VSS so I will probably order from there. Quote
Kevin Bresnahan Posted July 1 Posted July 1 I've used Bags Unlimited for decades, so they are my first place to look. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.