The Ultimate Sacrifice

Well, this is it troops. Volunteers were called for, and I decided to step up and take one for the team. It won't be an easy mission, and I may not make it. Much to PFunk's disappointment, I won't be hanging around here all day today, and who knows; may not be seen again. If I don't make it, I leave all my CDs and LPs to be divided among the group, and expect GARussell to light up a good stogie in my memory. The commander has issued the orders, and it's going to be an all day mission. Shed a tear for me, gents; we're going "shopping".... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I'm going to see this tonight. >Urinetown<

I had to do the shopping thing last night. I was 'told' I couldn't go to the show wearing blue jeans and a pull-over shirt. What the feck. <_<

Good luck, Jazzmoose. Don't forget to let us know it it went for you today.

Edited by wesbed

Well, I survived, though just barely! I was too beat to report my existence last night, and now I'm off to work. I knew it was going to be an all day affair, but you just don't remember how bad it is...

Ray, I did manage to negotiate a "last stop" at Streetlight Records on the way to dinner, so it wasn't a complete waste! :g

shouldn't that read TLB?

we split up when shopping. I do my record/CD/book/whatever hunting and she goes for shoes. She knows I want to do things much more purposefully than strolling through the streets for hours on end trailing behind big people with big bags blocking the way and not keeping even their way too slow tempo anywhere near constant. I hate that, I am one of those slender fast guys that slips through the masses and heads for where it's at.

If you can also say that you're happy with leaving the furniture in the same place forever, and with never redecorating, you'll never want for male companionship. EVER!

I guarantee it. :g  :g  :g

I haven't moved my couch in, uh, many years ^_^ (except for routine vacuuming; I'm not a typical female, but I'm not a slob, although enjoying shopping certainly does not necessarily make one "typical".) Whew... I got through that hopefully PC statement without ONE asterisk.

Poor Moose. Here he is pleading for mercy while at the Nordstrom's semi-annual shoe sale....(Well, I will admit to going to that, but notice that it's only twice a year.)

Edited by rachel

It's usually a good idea to split up when you go shopping and meet at a pre-arranged place later (like a movie theater.) God knows, there aren't many women I'd want to subject to the protracted trolling for used CD's, books, and DVD's that is my version of "shopping." Actually, I'm pretty lucky: My wife rarely shops for shoes, NEVER for jewelry. God I love that woman!