• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the guy i'm talking about

image-149569-1645.jpg

link talks about him

http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/149569-2757-036.html

OK, that guy. I've never seen him sitting next to Nicholson though. Everytime I see Nicholson, Altman is sitting next to him (on the right I believe). I still say the Lakers in 6, remember the 76ers won game one a few years ago.

Thanks for the clarification, KDD. I think that you must be right - the guy whom I am talking about I have seen sitting next to Jack on the floor for many years now. Altman looks pretty damn good for 79!

I am not too happy with the Lakers' effort on Sunday, but I have faith in their ability to make the appropriate adjustments. One of the things that I like best about Karl Malone is that he is so hard on himself after he has had a bad game. I expect some big performances from him before this series is over.

The Lakers are still in it, thanks to Shaq's and-one and Kobe's heroics. Down 6 with 53 seconds left, I thought we were sunk!

I think the Lakers should continue running that p&r from the left wing with Kobe next game.

That was a GREAT shot by Kobe, way outside the three point line. Hamilton shoulda been up in his face a bit more, like the announcers mentioned.

I think that shot deflated the Pistons, and they never recovered from it. They should have fouled Shaq when he got his hands on the inbound pass. Could have ended the game right there & then.

Why was Hamilton guarding Kobe? Should've been Tayshaun, and then that shot would've been much harder. Great shot, though.

The next three are in Detroit. Considering that they almost won last night, I would think people are taking them much more seriously now. I think they will win two in Detroit.

They DID foul Shaq, but at exactly the wrong time. Up by 6 with seconds left, they could have just let Shaq dunk and won the game. At the very least, they would have made the Lakers put them on the foul line.

But they gave Shaq a 3-point play to set up Kobe for the tie!

Great game!

Edited by John L

shaq's got him by at least a hun'

if there was 1 human being in the world who could hand and bang with the daddy, he'd have a job in the nba.

the worm was the last guy who could "d" up shaq.

it would be funny as hell if the lakers won the title with the mailman riding the bench, hurt. he'd wants to earn the title, not have it given to him. it could make him come back for more year.

karl's knee is funked up!

luuuuuuke walton has joined michael "cooooop" in the lakers' name of fame

bill "goofy ass" walton has to be proud of his son

i miss chick hearn, the greatest b-ball announcer ever

ss1

No one puts it in the fridge but Chick. Sunderland, who took over for Chick, has only referred to it--he has never actually quoted Chick's patented phrase.

I'm not cool with listening to Al and Doc talk all game about the Pistons and Larry Brown then try to end it with a Laker tradition that died with Chick after they realize the outcome. :tdown

LOS ANGELES -- Chick Hearn, the Lakers' legendary play-by-play announcer, was credited with creating or popularizing some of basketball's most popular expressions. Here are a few:

''Slam dunk!'' Shouted as Laker stars Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O'Neal and others stuffed the ball from above the rim.

''Air ball'' and ''It didn't draw iron.'' Used to describe badly missed shots.

''Too much mustard on the hot dog,'' describing a player trying to be too fancy or spectacular.

''The mustard's off the hot dog,'' describing a blown showboating play, such as a missed slam dunk.

''No harm, no foul,'' for minor contact in what is ostensibly a non-contact sport.

''Ticky-tacky foul,'' when a referee calls a foul for minor, incidental contact.

''Caught with his hand in the cookie jar,'' for a player who commits a deliberate foul and is caught by the referees.

''He faked him into the popcorn machine'' For a defender badly faked out on a play.

''You can put this one in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the Jell-O is jiggling.'' Said in the final minutes of a game, Hearn's way of saying there was no chance the team behind could mount a winning rally.

-- The Associated Press