JJ Johnson Mosaic

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i owe mosaic one more payday payment ($47) and i'll have the JJJ set

It's clear that the JJ set will run out before you get yours, $$1. They've obviously put one aside for you, but I bet it woudn't be funny if they had set aside a Four Freshmen set by accident, and there were no JJs left for you!

:crazy:

Mine arrived today, 4918, and been playing disk one. Must say it sounds wonderful to my ears, and I'm glad I finally listened to eveyone and pulled the trigger on this set.

For the record, I a/b my Mosaic against the Japanese mastering of "Blue Trombone" along with the Columbia remastering of "JJ Inc," and I felt the Japanese mastering was superior to my ears to the Mosaic. The "JJ inc." was similar to the Mosaic.

Mine arrived today, 4918, and been playing disk one. Must say it sounds wonderful to my ears, and I'm glad I finally listened to eveyone and pulled the trigger on this set.

For the record, I a/b my Mosaic against the Japanese mastering of "Blue Trombone" along with the Columbia remastering of "JJ Inc," and I felt the Japanese mastering was superior to my ears to the Mosaic. The "JJ inc." was similar to the Mosaic.

DAMN! And to think that almost 5,000 people have wasted their money on this set! :blink:

(By the way, was that a/b done before or after you'd had 6 light beers? :P )

DAMN! And to think that almost 5,000 people have wasted their money on this set! :blink:

(By the way, was that a/b done before or after you'd had 6 light beers? :P )

Settle down, Ron!

I like to point this stuff out for those unquestioned and wholly-devoted slaves to all things Mosaic!

The set is worth having, for sure, but it ain't perfect. Mosaic is a good outfit, but--damn!--nothing critical can ever be said about Mosaics on this board! -_-

Working my way through disk one again, just a very nice feel to this music, you can sense JJ's love and respect for music flowing out from the set. Angel Eyes is great -- too bad about the crappy sound though.....

:D

The JJ's seem to be moving at a clip of about one copy per day -- not quite 'hotcakes'.

I hear the voices of my old buddys, my minty 6-eye stereo LPs fearful of being abandoned.

They're saying,"Put the gun down, Bill. Don't pull that trigger!"

Vacillate. Salivate. Vacillate.

Maybe in another week, it'll be too late and the shouting will be over.

The looming image of 'The Procrastinator' will be a relief.