I didn't know you could do that!

BERIGAN

I was posting a post on the baseball thread, and I wanted to bold some of the text to make it easier to see some stats! Well, normally I click on the "B" code button, and then click close all tags, or type to close it...it can be a problem if you want to just do this to a few lines in the middle of a paragraph of text you are copying and pasting, if you close all tags, the whole darn thing is in bold, have to delete at the end of the text, and put it where you want it...anywho, for some reason, i highlighted just a few numbers in the post and then clicked B and the [ b ] and [ / b ] where in place just where I needed it? Am I the only one hear NOT to know you could do such a thing? Heck, just saw that I could highlight the word NOT above and click on the I code button as well! Cool! :)

Well, I think so....

Edited by BERIGAN

I'm a compulsive experimetner, so, yeah, I knew this, although I stumbled on it completely by accident. It's a cool aspect of this software, and not all boards have it.

You can also hold down the CTRL key and use the horizontal arrow keys to skip to the beginning of each word, forwards or backwards.

I'm a compulsive experimetner, so, yeah, I knew this, although I stumbled on it completely by accident. It's a cool aspect of this software, and not all boards have it.

You can also hold down the CTRL key and use the horizontal arrow keys to skip to the beginning of each word, forwards or backwards.

Interesting -- I don't post on other boards, so I didn't realize that this board's software was so unusual. The "highlight word and click bold or italic" thing is how MSWord works -- and I've been doing word processing for a zillion years, so I knew that, plus the "hold CTRL and use arrow keys" to move from word to word. Pink-collar-job skills.

Berigan, did you know that you can highlight something, then click "CTRL X" to delete it or "CTRL C" to copy it, and then in either case you can hit "CTRL V" to paste it in elsewhere? This is helpful for making a list in this board's software: say you've typed in a bunch of points you wanted to make, and you want to make them clearer by "bulleting" them. You can

• enter them line-by-line after clicking "list" above
  • or just enter the first line
  • then highlight and "CTRL C" the "[ * ]" that makes the bullet
  • and "CTRL V" to paste the "[ * ]" wherever you want

Edited by maren