bEsT jAzZ sItE

Best Jazz CD Site  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted other; I have been buying a lot more on-line (CD Universe, Dusty Groove, Mosaic and some times Amazon) in the past couple years. I also shop at places like the Jazz Record Mart and Dusty Groove (those bastards!) when in Chicago, which is frequently. There are not many places to buy jazz recordings in Indy so I shop at Borders if I buy something locally (although their prices are quite high). I have also shopped at both Euclid Records/Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis as my sister lives there and I visit several times a year.

While were on the subject, any good record/cd stores in Detroit???? I'm going there this weekend to see Donald Byrd B) and have some time to shop!

Mark

Support your local bricks and mortar. You'll be glad you did when you decide, at 9:00PM on Saturday night, you just GOTTA pick up a copy of Blue Train.

On the other hand, we don't all have local record shops that stock Blue Train...

I would guess most poeple on this board have about a half dozen copies of Blue Train in their current collections ;) !!!

Like Alfred:

CD Universe in the US

Amazon.de and Zweitausendeins.de in Germany

But I buy not only in the US to get non-copyprotected versions but also because of the lower prices an the current $ rate. Full price CDs generally cost 17-22 Euro in Europe, and only $14-18 in the US (12-15 Euro).

Edited by Claude

I buy from the usuals - CDuniverse and amazon. I also check cdbaby.com every few days. I've been surprised by what I've found there - Clare Fischer, Joe Wilder, for example.

Also, when I'm looking for hard to find or out of print stuff (particularly LPs), I'll go to musicstack.com.

Marla