wolff

What vinyl are you spinning right now??

45,514 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Sorry but anytime I hear the name I have to think of this

 

 

 Never heard of that until now but it was only $1 and you can’t go wrong for one buck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-10344275-1513117652-5869.jpeg.jpg

Schumann: Davidsbündlertänze, Op. 6; Kreisleriana, Op.16 / Géza Anda

Magnificent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

R-10344275-1513117652-5869.jpeg.jpg

Schumann: Davidsbündlertänze, Op. 6; Kreisleriana, Op.16 / Géza Anda

Magnificent.

Yep ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, soulpope said:

:tupBuster Williams:tup on the title track ....

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! Buster is a complete Bad Ass. Then and now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

If I hadn't gotten shit-canned that was the one I had my eye on from Tommy's list.

Rest easy, I didn't get this from Tommy. He only went up to Volume 5. Didn't learn about this one until getting those from him, went the eBay route, got a good (enough) deal. I'm sure there will be others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this recently in a local shop's dollar bin:

R-4081685-1468980363-3828.jpeg.jpg

Not terrible. Not great. About what you'd expect.

Edited by HutchFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baby Face Willette, Face to Face (Blue Note/Tone Poet)Image result for Baby Face Willette face to face tone poet

Herbie Mann, Right Now (Atlantic)

Image result for Herbie Mann right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41TmxcrDxBL._SX600_.jpg

Sides 3 & 4 -- Lester with John Lewis on piano from 1950 and 1951

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HutchFan said:

41TmxcrDxBL._SX600_.jpg

Sides 3 & 4 -- Lester with John Lewis on piano from 1950 and 1951

Those Verve double Albums with the paintings were great. That was in the late 70´s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Those Verve double Albums with the paintings were great. That was in the late 70´s. 

Yes, way better (and compiled more thoughfully) than those silly "star spangled banner gadget wrapper" cover (Jazz History series) double albums from the same period (or very slightly earlier).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Yes, way better (and compiled more thoughfully) than those silly "star spangled banner gadget wrapper" cover (Jazz History series) double albums from the same period (or very slightly earlier).

Yes. About the same lay out had this one, I think it was the first from that series that I purchased. 

images.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

Yes. About the same lay out had this one, I think it was the first from that series that I purchased. 

images.jpg

Good stuff indeed. :tup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NP:

516tGZM5rfL._SX600_.jpg

After a long, hectic day at work, this is hitting the spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-3194000-1319941469.jpeg.jpg

 

THIS IS BALLZ-POSITIVE THE GREATEST CANDIDO I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE BESIDES THE TWO TIMES I SAW HIM LIVE.  They close-mic'd his congas just like they would take on "Manteca"-- and the lp is mastered good, you can crank it up--- also rare bird and lee konitz to sweeten the deal.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, HutchFan said:

NP:

516tGZM5rfL._SX600_.jpg

After a long, hectic day at work, this is hitting the spot.

It also hits the spot both before and during a long, hectic day at work! Or at any point of ANY day!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling out this original to compare with the japanese cd i just obtained.

3416291427.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Pulling out this original to compare with the japanese cd i just obtained.

3416291427.jpg

How does that compare with the Arista/Freedom pressing? Better vinyl? More flavor? Less filling? Certs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Pulling out this original to compare with the japanese cd i just obtained.

3416291427.jpg

Ah, the stage of the old Fairfield Hall, Croydon. Fond memories of that place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HutchFan said:

 

R-1257432-1362780913-8466.jpeg.jpg

 👍👍!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving this another spin:

R-9911404-1491150751-6820.mpo.jpg

This LP is more slick & commercial than the other Irakere records I've heard. 

But I really dig it! It's infectious, irresistible music -- even if the "jazz quotient" is lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NP:

R-1182607-1318146503.jpeg.jpg

Listening to Side 1 (Gigi Gryce with Duke Jordan) and Side 4 (Gigi Gryce with Thelonious).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-5410140-1423397243-2215.jpeg.jpgR-5410140-1423397261-8380.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JSngry said:

R-5410140-1423397243-2215.jpeg.jpgR-5410140-1423397261-8380.jpeg.jpg

Good one ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.