Tal Farlow Mosaic set released in Europe?

• 2 weeks later...

When I spoke to Mosiac earlier today, [...]

Mosiac? Is that like the evil parallel universe version of Mosaic who rip off European masterings and refuse to replace faulty discs and dented boxes? :g

It is cheap to pick on a typo, I know. I'm sorry. ;)

The amazon.co.uk price is pretty user friendly. Do we know whether the Jazztet is slated for euro-release?

Edited by David Ayers

The CDON (Swedish) price is about 120 Euro, which is the cost of 7 normal priced CDs in Sweden. If VAT wouldn't be charged, (sometimes happens) then buying straight from Mosaic would be cheaper, otherwise, taking p & p into consideraton, CDON would ship an order for that amount for free, it comes to much about the same.

amazon.de lists the Jazztet for 123 EUR, scheduled for 21 sept

the Farlow is also listed for 123 EUR

That's a bit steep, isn't it: the Mosaic price is $119 or €97.50 for each set. I guess the much lower shipping cost within Europe makes up for it, though.

it ships for free within Germany/Austria/Switzerland.

No customs either (money nor hassle), so I guess that makes it an even deal.

That's a bit steep, isn't it: the Mosaic price is $119 or €97.50 for each set. I guess the much lower shipping cost within Europe makes up for it, though.

Yeah, but you don't get individually numbered sets, and those are worth a few extra bucks! B-) :D;)

don't forget to frame the pink slip, the other one goes in the box, underneath the CDs. ;)

I could get it a bit cheaper (around 100 Euros), but I'll definitely have to pay customs (I'd guess for 20 Euros or a bit more), no matter where I get it from. In the end, it might cost about the same as the set I saw in some store here.

Btw: Amazon lists the Eldridge for the same prize, so I guess the (also 7CD) Jazztet set will be at that same price as well.

ubu

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but you don't get individually numbered sets, and those are worth a few extra bucks! B-) :D;)

But those Mosaics sold in Europe come with different numbers!

My Tal Farlow set (bought for €89 in taxless Andorra) has no individual number but the box spine lists the set as B0002992-02, not the Mosaic MD7-224 regular number.

Which makes these sets invaluable items for the Mosaic completists!

My Gerry Mulligan Concert Band Mosaic box bore a B0000958-02 number instead of the US Mosaic MD4-221!

Discs inside are the regular US Mosaic CDs.

• 2 weeks later...