Guilty Pleasures

Big Al

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Writer Willis Alan Ramsey's version would be the original Muskrat Love http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muskrat_Love - for what it's worth!

You are correct!

And C & T's version was more popular than America's, but somehow I've managed to avoid hearing it for 40 years! :)

I'd like to hear Willis Alan Ramsey's original version, and his other tunes. The CD of his sole recorded album is commanding quite a handsome price on the used market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJeyGreQYEE

That's so mellow I almost nodded out.

Edited by Jerry_L

• 1 year later...

I brought a bunch of CDs into work to rip them for my daughter. I find myself playing the music quite often. The artist? Katy Perry. Sorry to those who hate the stuff but I like it. It might help that she's a hottie... :)

She's smoking hot, but I really don't care for her music. Though, as I confessed elsewhere, my wife got me to listen to Taylor Swift's latest, 1989, and I find it really enjoyable. Teen Pop pablum, but well written and executed.

BTW Kevin, check out an artist named Sia. She's written a lot of tunes for some of these new Pop artists, and I discovered some of her latest solo work just a couple of days ago.

Right around the 57 second mark she starts going into an almost full-blown Janis Joplin throat shredder. The gal has some pipes on her. And she's 39, but seems to hold her own pretty well within the genre:

I brought a bunch of CDs into work to rip them for my daughter. I find myself playing the music quite often. The artist? Katy Perry. Sorry to those who hate the stuff but I like it. It might help that she's a hottie... :)

I'm not familiar with her music, but I'd have a hard time respecting someone who married Russell Brand.

Cover songs , especially when they go far away from the originals, in my collection I have a fondness for a series like Paris Dernière

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Paris-By-Night-LInt%C3%A9grale-De-La-Musique-De-Paris-Derni%C3%A8re-En-Sept-Volumes/release/6481101

Besides that, in other spheres than music must admit that I like watching MMA more than I'd like to admit and as a boxing fan I must say they are succeeding where boxing has failed big time.

Edited by Van Basten II