BMG Sale Corner

Big Al

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J9E1 - Gets you 3 free discs.

Looks like it includes double-disc sets again, like the last time. But it's only good for one use this time around.

Used that one, thanks! Certain 3CD sets also qualify, e.g. the "Playlist Plus" best ofs.

These free codes are spoiling me, but if anyone still needs to order more this one ain't bad:

90% off CDs: J9X23

I think it works out to about $4.50/CD with shipping.

Edited by riverrat

How are you guys logging in? I am still getting a blank screen. I emailed YourMusic's contact dept. to ask for help.

I received this email today:

I am writing to share some information with you.

We are writing to inform you that we have canceled your membership. As

stated in our Membership Agreement, we reserve the right to terminate

an account at any time.

Your account was canceled because of the manipulation of sales promo

code to receive free product without purchasing the required qualifying

selection.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Your Friends at

BMG Jazz Club

How are you guys logging in? I am still getting a blank screen. I emailed YourMusic's contact dept. to ask for help.

I received this email today:

I am writing to share some information with you.

We are writing to inform you that we have canceled your membership. As

stated in our Membership Agreement, we reserve the right to terminate

an account at any time.

Your account was canceled because of the manipulation of sales promo

code to receive free product without purchasing the required qualifying

selection.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Your Friends at

BMG Jazz Club

Wow, that is an odd communication, and, quite simply, it stinks. Hopefully, we are not all walking in your footsteps.

On a related matter, I just used the code, J9E1, to order three 2-CD sets for the price of shipping and handling.

I just used the latest free code to order:

Kenny Cox - Introducing Kenny Cox And The Contemporary Jazz Quintet

Grachan Moncur III - Evolution

Misha Alperin - Her First Dance

510TlmXUh4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg51tVbg3654L._SL500_AA240_.jpg51r6Ok+GXKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I hope they don't cancel my account. I have satisfied my required qualifying selection but with one exception (using a sales offer they sent me), my last 12 orders were all using free codes.

I wonder why they selected me to put the hammer down on. I have used those codes only once the past few months.

Have you bought multiple copies of the same title? I remember the same thing happened to a guy on another forum. When bmg tracked that he had been buying 4-5 copies of one title, his account was canceled.

The reasoning behind that was that bmg thought he was selling them (the guy said they were bought as presents). I once tried to sell a couple to FYE and they wouldnt touch them. They told me that they had an arrangement with bmgmusic that prevented them to accept any club CDs.

Edited by bluesbro

Have you bought multiple copies of the same title?

No.

I notice that they use the word "manipulation" as if I did something in addition to simply using the code.

And I have no idea what they are referring to when they speak of "the required qualifying selection".

Why not write to them and ask for clarification of what it is that you allegedly did? It probably will not change anything, but you have nothing to lose.

I've been a BMG member for over a decade, but haven't ordered from them in ages (essentially switched to yourmusic). Recently got a "Your credit card is about to expire" e-mail from BMG (yourmusic already has my updated info). If BMG is about to be shut down, maybe I shouldn't bother to update.

I just had a scare. I got an email from BMG's customer service regarding "Information About Your BMG Jazz Club Account‏". I thought they were going to shut me down but they were just contacting me about a prior (free) order that has been out of stock and that they hope to receive a new supply shortly. Whew!!

Why not write to them and ask for clarification of what it is that you allegedly did? It probably will not change anything, but you have nothing to lose.

Edward, that's what I did. We'll see if they get back to me.

I apologize for suggesting the obvious. The situation stinks, and I am interested to hear what response (if any) you receive.

I'd call them:

317-692-9200

And ask to speak to a supervisor. :rolleyes:

I'd call them:

317-692-9200

Ron, been there done that, twice already. They refused to pass me on to a supervisor. The first time I was angry about it. The first time she promised me that they would contact me by mail. The second time he promised me that they would call me within 36 hours. (They didn't.)

You will note that my access to the website was cancelled Dec. 22, but it was not until Jan. 21 that they informed me of what was up. Pretty poor organization all the way around, it seems to me.

I'd call them:

317-692-9200

Ron, been there done that, twice already. They refused to pass me on to a supervisor. The first time I was angry about it. The first time she promised me that they would contact me by mail. The second time he promised me that they would call me within 36 hours. (They didn't.)

You will note that my access to the website was cancelled Dec. 22, but it was not until Jan. 21 that they informed me of what was up. Pretty poor organization all the way around, it seems to me.

Maybe it's time to organize a boycott. :w

Have you bought multiple copies of the same title?

No.

I notice that they use the word "manipulation" as if I did something in addition to simply using the code.

And I have no idea what they are referring to when they speak of "the required qualifying selection".

Seems like they may think you used a code for a free item when you buy another item. . . . That would seem "manipulation" to them if you got free items without qualifying by buying another. . . . It could be/probably is just a "form letter" message.