Che banned?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deleting posts might mess up the database, so we don't do that. Che was being a mong and now he's banned. The world is happy once again. And don't be cross with us if this thread goes to the land of wind and ghosts.

Isn't that a bit overly dramatic? If he decided he had had enough of this place (or felt that we had had enough of him), why didn't he just leave and not come back?

Is he attempting to make some sort of statement? If so, I don't get it.

Isn't that a bit overly dramatic? If he decided he had had enough of this place (or felt that we had had enough of him), why didn't he just leave and not come back?

Is he attempting to make some sort of statement? If so, I don't get it.

Playin' the roll of the martyr.

It's been part of his game since day one.

Isn't that a bit overly dramatic?  If he decided he had had enough of this place (or felt that we had had enough of him), why didn't he just leave and not come back?

Is he attempting to make some sort of statement?  If so, I don't get it.

Playin' the roll of the martyr.

It's been part of his game since day one.

His avatar was really annoying too. :w

Not everything Che did bothered me.  But there was plenty of stuff he did, that was really bothersome.

Edit: to add italics to the word "really".

Would this have to do with his political preferences?

Not really. From my perspective, it really had much more to do with the way he conducted himself on the board. Not bad enough to warrant banning -- but then he brought that on himself this afternoon. (And frankly, I didn't even see the anti-Semitic thread he started until earlier today, when someone sent me a link, at my request.)

But really bothered me is how he came in here, and less than a month later he was trying to tell people how to run the place -- and how the board "should" be, and how things had really gone downhill around here. Now maybe he was a lurker for the last year or more, but he never said so. And being on a board for one month, does not give someone the right to try to stir up as much shit as he did.

80%, maybe 90% of what Che posted around here didn't bug me all that much. But on more than one occasion, he really tried to play this board like a yo-yo. Maybe he was a long-time lurker, and had opinions about the place that went way back. But you don't just bust into a party, and try to stir shit up – not without taking some heat for it.

Most of Che's persona didn’t bother me, but the parts that did – were a pain in the ass.

What's a "mong"?

Short for mongoloid.

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: a mongrel dog; by extension, an idiot

It's also a derogatory term for a retarded person.

Hehe not nice really, but then few things are.

Not everything Che did bothered me.  But there was plenty of stuff he did, that was really bothersome.

Edit: to add italics to the word "really".

Would this have to do with his political preferences?

It was beyond politics.

In the thread that no longer exists very early on he questioned (words to this effect) that maybe there really is an international jewish conspiracy, and then as evidence he listed the names of jews in the Bush administration. Including the ambassador to Uruguay & Denmark, which of course are well known to be incredibly powerful positions for such a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

My own reaction upon seeing that was it made my stomach turn, but I decided to stop reading his crap, especially as it appeared he was being deliberately obtuse about things in his debate. I figured he was just trolling in a "hotbed" topic and wouldn't stick around long. (Yeah right.) It wasn't until today that I went back to read where he went further on in the thread, and there were more posts that were beyond the realm of mere disagreement about Israeli foreign policy and the like to something that appeared disturbing.

It's hard to figure out when you read or hear someone say some of the things he did (Zionism = Nazism fer instance) if it's just stupidity or if there is something rotten to the core.

Having dipped further into that thread before lunch I now see why Couw responded the he did. (Actually one didn't have to go far at all into that thread.) Here in the US there is sometimes amongst very bright people a tendency to be tolerant of everyone's opinions. In this case I think this board is a better place for ridding ourselves of the purveyor of Nazi poo, and if being an unforgiving badger helped push him away, then cheers to Couw, Ubu, Allen and the rest for helping to make it possible.

-edited to remove a redundant "there."

Edited by Quincy

In this case I think this board is a better place for ridding ourselves of the purveyor of Nazi poo, and if being an unforgiving badger helped push him away, then cheers to Couw, Ubu, Allen and the rest for helping to make it possible.

I just hope any cool people that left because of one rotten apple come back.