amusing discographical errors

Rosco

Following on from the mispronounciations...

Anyone have any entertaining mis-spelled songs or musicians?

Just been looking at a Chet Baker discography online... Apparently, Chet (with Gerry Mulligan and Annie Ross) recorded a song called 'I Guess I'll Have to Change My Plants"

Yes, that fuschia's looking a bit droopy... :huh:

Following on from the mispronounciations...

Anyone have any entertaining mis-spelled songs or musicians?

Just been looking at a Chet Baker discography online... Apparently, Chet (with Gerry Mulligan and Annie Ross) recorded a song called 'I Guess I'll Have to Change My Plants"

Yes, that fuschia's looking a bit droopy...  :huh:

Talking about mis-spelling...

well, google has approx. 443000 hits for "fuschia", so it can't be quite *that* wrong  :rofl:

Well, as far as I know google just displays what's on the net and that doesn't guarantee the correct spelling.

I don't know why, but in the English-speaking world the name of the flower is more often than not wrongly spelled "fuschia". According to all my dictionaries, both English and others, the flower is called "fuchsia". The spelling on the cover of Sam Rivers' "Fuchsia Swing Song" is correct:

B000053SQ5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This error contains no humor. I made a leader search for Gerald Wilson on my Bruyninckx program and the result was ZIP!

I could not believe he/they ignored GW so the closest I could come was Garland Wilson, so I searched for that - I thought I would scroll down and find Gerald. Nothing of the kind - seems like they think Garland Wilson made all of Gerald's records.

Not sure I understand the question.

Also, how are you doing a "leader search" - I am just searching on the text string "gerald wilson" (look in "Currently Selected Indexes" which is all letters A-Z) and it comes back with the letter W - scroll down to the fifth entry (after Gerald Wilson's appearances with Larry Williams) and there's the Gerald Wilson section (listed under the name Garland Wilson).

Are you searching for GERALD WILSON (case sensitive)? Theoretically, that should work as a leader search - but obviously only if the info is correctly entered!

Mike

Not sure I understand the question.

Also, how are you doing a "leader search" - I am just searching on the text string "gerald wilson" (look in "Currently Selected Indexes" which is all letters A-Z) and it comes back with the letter W - scroll down to the fifth entry (after Gerald Wilson's appearances with Larry Williams) and there's the Gerald Wilson section (listed under the name Garland Wilson).

Are you searching for GERALD WILSON (case sensitive)? Theoretically, that should work  as a leader search - but obviously only if the info is correctly entered!

Mike

I was searching for GERALD WILSON.

My vote on misspelling goes to Bill Connors for the ECM album "Theme To The Gaurdian".

http://www.billconnorsguitarist.com/billco...iscography.html

Connors insisted to the Germans that he was correct - saying who were they to question his command of the English language?! Ooops.

FWIW, Bruyninckx (& Lord) have corrected this to "Guardian".

Mike

I had a late friend who couldn't abide Mingus's music primarily due to personal reasons, i.e., he had witnessed a couple of incidents in which Mingus's legendary temper was displayed. Anyway he got a kick out of a misspelling I noticed on the edge of the original United Artists LP, MONEY JUNGLE, mono copy. Anyone who has this LP will notice that on the spine, along with the names of Ellington & Roach, there is this: "Charlie Minus."

..... there is this: "Charlie Minus."

... and all of this all happened before Microsoft Word spell check was invented ...

:rolleyes:

That Plants/Pants joke is nice: Reminds of George Shearing announcing numbers with "love" in the song title substituted by "lunch" ....