Feb 7th RVG Batch

mgraham333

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest akanalog

for those that don't have it-the gigolo is an incredible album. my favorite lee morgan, i think.

shorter and morgan were a great combo and mabern is an underrated pianist.

shorter and morgan were a great combo.

Indeed. Perhaps THE great combo.

Better than Oliver and Armstrong?

Bird and Diz?

Monk and Trane?

Holmes and Watson?

Laurel and Hardy?

Martin and Lewis? (Well, yeah, better than them.) :)

One of the great combos in any case. :tup

for those that don't have it-the gigolo is an incredible album. my favorite lee morgan, i think.

The Gigilo beats Sidewinder hands down, and every other Lee Morgan I've heard.

b,b,but what about that "bashing" on "Yes I Can, No You Can't"? ;)

I guess we can't look forward to any more threads demanding that the Gigolo be reissued.

I'll believe it when I have a copy in my grubby little paws.

Then I'll focus my attention on the effort to get BACK TO THE CHICKEN SHACK RVG'd!

It only about 3 years of whining and moaning to get the GIGOLO so I bet we can get THE SHACK by 2009

Forgive me for asking, but it's been out on Japanese RVG for over 3 years in fantastic sound, why on earth would anyone moan for 3 years just to avoid paying a few bucks more for the import, especially such a great record? I've been digging this RVG for years now. It sure has been worth the paltry few bucks more for those years of enjoying it!

I guess we can't look forward to any more threads demanding that the Gigolo be reissued.

I'll believe it when I have a copy in my grubby little paws.

Then I'll focus my attention on the effort to get BACK TO THE CHICKEN SHACK RVG'd!

It only about 3 years of whining and moaning to get the GIGOLO so I bet we can get THE SHACK by 2009

Forgive me for asking, but it's been out on Japanese RVG for over 3 years in fantastic sound, why on earth would anyone moan for 3 years just to avoid paying a few bucks more for the import, especially such a great record? I've been digging this RVG for years now. It sure has been worth the paltry few bucks more for those years of enjoying it!

AND I have it as a US issue for many years. I also had the lp, now long gone.

Also my favorite Morgan album, just one more "me too" to add to the conversation so that anyone who doesn't have this great album will get it at their first opportunity.

Bird and Diz?

Monk and Trane?

Holmes and Watson?

Laurel and Hardy?

Martin and Lewis? (Well, yeah, better than them.) :)

Jeeves and Wooster? :)

Bird and Diz?

Monk and Trane?

Holmes and Watson?

Laurel and Hardy?

Martin and Lewis? (Well, yeah, better than them.)

Jeeves and Wooster? :)

Carella, Brown, Kling, Hawes, Meyer, and the other cops of the 87th Precinct? :cool:

my shiny silver "Gigilo" sounds fine to me. is there something I'm missing with this title? (that first rock and roll tune might be over the top even more via the vangelder) ;)

always wondered why some of them RVGs of the 20 bitters that sounded pretty good when released a few years prior - "Sixth Sense" etc..? needed to be given the new compressover.

my shiny silver "Gigilo" sounds fine to me. is there something I'm missing with this title? (that first rock and roll tune might be over the top even more via the vangelder) ;)

always wondered why some of them RVGs of the 20 bitters that sounded pretty good when released a few years prior - "Sixth Sense" etc..? needed to be given the new compressover.

RVGs seem to be selling better, compression and all...