The easy way to support the organissimo forums...

Jim Alfredson

Which do you like better?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As discussed in this recent thread, the cost of running this forum has just increased and will probably increase again shortly. As some of you may have noticed, the board sometimes bogs down. This is due to too many connections to the forum (ie, too many people trying to read it) for the current server to adequately handle. I plan on upgrading to a more powerful server to augment the load capacity. But again, that will require more money per month.

One of our members came up with an easy solution to help ease the burden, and that is to use the affiliate program of the online CD store, CDUniverse.com. As jazz fans, we all buy a lot of music and most of it has to be bought online due to it's relative scarcity. Now, if you decide to buy a title (any title) by clicking on it through this site, the organissimo forums will receive a portion of the sale, at no extra charge to you.

Think about how much music you've discovered by being part of this community. I hate asking for Paypal donations (seems like begging to me), but the greatest service that this forum provides is exposure to new music, releases, re-issues, etc. How better to support the cost of the forum than by utilizing this affiliate program?

To help, simply use the search form that now appears at the top of the page, in the red/pinkish box underneath the main logo section. It will automatically take you to CDUniverse and any purchases will count towards the organissimo forum affiliation.

Thank you for your support!

ADDENDUM:

I'm adding a poll to this thread, since I can't decide where to put the CD Universe link. Do you like it where it is, or do you like it up top, to the right of the organissimo logo?

To see it to the right of the logo, scroll to the bottom of this page and in the skin selector menu (a white box at the far left that will either say Org 2.1.3 Peach, Org 2.1.3 Blue, Org 2.1.3 Purple, or Org 2.1.3 Green, depending on what skin you're currently using) and choose the skin
org_CDTest

The CD Universe search form will now be at the top of the page, to the far right of the logo.

Which do you prefer?

Edited by Jim Alfredson

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No honey, I'm not really buying more music again. I'm just trying to support the organissimo forums!!"

:w

lol

You so read my mind! As Jim will attest...I am in the doghouse with my wife regarding my own excessive cd purchases.

VERY cool!! :cool:

And heck, I just discovered that CDU's price on something as obscure as Tyrone Washington's "Do Right" is only $0.80 more than Dusty Groove wants for it.

By the way, how much does the board get on each CDU sale?? Some simple straight percentage?? Or a flat fee per disc?? Or some combo of both??

What happens if a search for a CD through the search function on this forum, but I only add it to my CD Universe wishlist to purchase it later? That's what I usually do.

Will Organissimo still receive it's share when I finally buy it, or does this only happen when the CD is added to the shopping basket (and bought) immediately?

What happens if a search for a CD through the search function on this forum, but I only add it to my CD Universe wishlist to purchase it later? That's what I usually do.

Will Organissimo still receive it's share when I finally buy it, or does this only happen when the CD is added to the shopping basket (and bought) immediately?

From the CDUniverse Affiliate FAQ:

Why didn't an order get properly credited to my link code?

When a visitor comes directly to www.cduniverse.com, we credit you the traffic and sales for that visitor to CD Universe. If that same visitor comes back through a link on your site within 6 hours of their initial visit to cduniverse.com, it will not credit you, the affiliate. Even if the visitor came through your link code, you the affiliate will not get credit for the traffic or sale because the visitor had already visited CD Universe prior.

Similarly, if a visitor comes to CD Universe through your site, but then leaves and comes back directly to CD Universe or through a different affiiliate, your site will continue to get credit for that visitor for 6 hours.

The reason the site is set up this way is actually to the benefit of all our affiliates. It eliminates the possibility of websites 'jacking' your traffic as well as sales by giving credit to the originator of the initial visit.

How long is my referral valid for?

You would receive commissions on any sales that you directly refer to CDUniverse. When someone comes from your site, a cookie is set that is valid for 6 hours in which you could receive credit for and it only applies to the purchase during that session.

Thanks Jim, but I still don't understand what to do to make sure my purchases give you credits, as I am a regular customer and visit their site almost every day. Maybe it needs some special procedure, as I can imagine that they only want to give credits for new customers, not for the regulars like me.

All you have to do is go to the CDUniverse.com website through the search engine above. Once you're there, organissimo forums will get credit for any purchases you buy. You don't have to do anything but get there through here.

You can also get there directly by using this link:

http://www.cduniverse.com/default.asp?styl...=lk_organissimo

The easiest thing to do would be to make that link your new CDUniverse bookmark. That way the forums gets credit for any visits, purchases, etc. We only make money off purchases, but they do keep track of visits, too.

I'm adding a poll to this thread, since I can't decide where to put the CD Universe link. Do you like it where it is, or do you like it up top, to the right of the organissimo logo?

To see it to the right of the logo, scroll to the bottom of this page and in the skin selector menu (a white box at the far left that will either say Org 2.1.3 Peach, Org 2.1.3 Blue, Org 2.1.3 Purple, or Org 2.1.3 Green, depending on what skin you're currently using) and choose the skin org_CDTest.

The CD Universe search form will now be at the top of the page, to the far right of the logo.

Which do you prefer?