really BAD "food" ideas...

With dinner tonight, I bought a small 16oz bottle of this ("Yogurt Soda"), and just wanted to say: YUCK!!!!

I usually like a bunch of the weird stuff I find at our local middle-eastern combination “bakery / mini-grocery-store / restaurant (cafeteria-style)” emporium -- but I gotta go on record as saying that "Yogurt Soda" is some mighty nasty shit.

One 16oz bottle has enough salt in it for 40% of your recommended daily intake. Imagine taking plain soda water, mixing it with plain yogurt, and pouring in about half-a-cup of salt. Uuugh... :tdown:tdown:tdown

Edited by Rooster_Ties

I thought it was gonna be sweet. But if I had checked the label first, I never woulda bought it.

Actually the label says that one serving size has 19% of the daily reccomended salt intake. But it's only when you realize that there are TWO "8oz servings" in the 16oz bottle, that you also suddenly realize that the frickin' thing ought to be called "really god-damn salty-flavored yogurt soda"!!! <_<

JSngry, this McGriddle fetish is starting to worry me. Don't tell me you're giving up playing to become one of those guys that stands out in front of the Math & Sciences building at the local university usually spouting off about Creationism... but in your case... a certain strange and mystical fast food product.

:rhappy:

Tofu gets a bad rap. As far as a main flavor, it sucks, but putting it in with things that actually DO have flavor is very economical and nutritious - GREAT source of protein. The stuff acts as a flavor sponge, so it's perfect for really spicy Asain dishes, where the texture is non-obtrusive.

• 1 month later...

This just in from www.CNN.com!!! :o

Milk with bubbles reaches market

Sunday, August 31, 2003 Posted: 8:42 PM EDT (0042 GMT)

vert.rpm.ap.jpg

"Refreshing Power Milk"

MILFORD, New York (AP) -- Adding bubbles to milk is tricky. Pump in too many, and it foams over. Add too few and why bother.

George and Mary Ann Clark, husband-and-wife entrepreneurs, have spent the past seven years trying to find the balance. Last week, they started production on a carbonated milk-based drink called Refreshing Power Milk -- RPM -- and they already have orders coming in from school districts.

Mary Ann Clark, a registered nurse, said she was pained to see children drinking cola and shunning milk when she worked in schools so she decided to do something about it.

"If you take water and add carbon dioxide to make soda, why can't you do that with milk?" she asked.

She and her biochemist husband started work on a carbonated milk drink in 1996 and founded Mac Farms Inc. in 1998. The company already sells eMoo, another carbonated milk drink. On Wednesday, in a factory with a barn-red roof and purple-and-yellow cow out front, the first batch of RPM was bottled.

The Clarks combined water and powdered milk to create a slightly fizzy, mildly milky-tasting drink with the nutritional value of skim milk and 40 percent of the recommended daily amount of calcium.

Each 12-ounce serving contains 90 calories and 12 grams of sugar, compared to 150 calories and 40 grams of sugar in a 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola. RPM contains 9 grams of protein compared to none in a can of Coca-Cola, but is higher in sodium: 115 grams to 52 grams per 12-ounce serving.

The flavors: vanilla cappuccino, Brazilian chocolate and chocolate raspberry.

Researchers at Cornell University had been looking for ways to extend the shelf life of dairy products using carbonation when the researchers teamed up with the Clarks several years ago.

Joe Hotchkiss, chairman of the Department of Food Science at Cornell University, said the drink was designed to attract people who like soda.

"People consume food based on their sensory properties, taste, what kind of emotional feelings it gives them," said Hotchkiss. "Our role is to provide that similar kind of satisfaction in foods, but also couple that to foods that are more nutritionally sound."