Coltrane Complete Prestige Box

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No confirmation of my order of the Trane box set which was ordered on 7/18. Looks like you guys will have to wait a bit longer.

I think we're all going to be waiting forever. Paul, why don't you call on Monday and ask them what's up. Given that your 7/18 order contains only the Coltrane box, they should be able to tell you definitively whether you're going to get it. And if you get the same crap they've been giving the rest of us, ask for a supervisor. <_<

What Mosaic(s) are you looking at?

I'm looking at the Parlan, Stitt, Capitol Jazz, and Donaldson. Which, if any, I'd get now? That's a different question.

I'd highly recommend the Parlan set. I was able to pick up a brand new one off Ebay for a nice price. The trio stuff is excellent as are the numbers with the Turrentine brothers and the stuff with Booker Ervin and Grant Green is awesome. You're able to listen to cuts of every song on the set at allmusic.com. I listened to all the samples 2 or 3 times before picking up the set and I don't regret it for a second. I love Parlan's Mosaic.

No confirmation of my order of the Trane box set which was ordered on 7/18. Looks like you guys will have to wait a bit longer.

I think we're all going to be waiting forever. Paul, why don't you call on Monday and ask them what's up. Given that your 7/18 order contains only the Coltrane box, they should be able to tell you definitively whether you're going to get it. And if you get the same crap they've been giving the rest of us, ask for a supervisor. <_<

Maybe the supervisor could explain why the sets still show up for sale under the artist's names even though they no longer show up on the blowout sale page. That would lead someone to believe that the Evans and Coltrane were still available for sale but as rostasi's experience shows (pg 10) with the out of print email, they aren't. We can only hope that that is only for the new or very recent orders.

Edited by mikelz777

Good advice Paul...

OK, latest timeline update for all the other "junkies". Just received the shipping notice for my rather large order (placed 7/19/06) including both the Coltrane and Evans boxes. The only CD that didn't ship was the Boss Tenor K2. All in all :) .

Definitely good advice, Paul.

Now David, at exactly what time was your shipping notice sent, and at exactly what time did you place your order on 7/19? :crazy:

Reading the last pages of this thread is like being with a bunch of junkies waiting for their connection to arrive. Just kidding (mostly).

Lighten up, guys. Listen to some other music and forget about the Trane box for now. It will arrive when it arrives. You're just making yourselves crazy.

A very apt analogy. :D I'm just jittery because I know I'll never find a connection as good as this one. This whole situation is just making me feel more strung out. I'm desperate to get this fix but I'm not sure if the connection is ever going to be able to deliver the goods even though they said they would weeks ago. The word is out that the streets are now dry. My connection is late and the only way I'm ever going to find out if he's going to come is when he comes. But when may never happen so I'm never going to know if until when which never may be. Does that make any sense? Don't listen to me, I'm just a junkie! ^_^:lol::g

Although life goes on and I've been listening to other music all along, I'll distract myself with 11 CDs worth of my new Dexter Gordon Prestige box, forget I ever ordered the Evans and Coltrane boxes and hope I'm pleasantly surprised in the next 2 or three weeks. :P

Edited by mikelz777

Ron.... Get off the Stitt fence and buy the damn thing... :P:P:P Whaddya waiting for...?? I

What Mosaic(s) are you looking at?

I'm looking at the Parlan, Stitt, Capitol Jazz, and Donaldson. Which, if any, I'd get now? That's a different question.

Edited by tranemonk

Ron.... Get off the Stitt fence and buy the damn thing... :P:P:P Whaddya waiting for...?? I

You mean I should Stitt or get off the pot? :rolleyes: Well, given the reaction here when my latest Zweitausendeins order showed up in today's mail (and she doesn't even know about the Concord orders yet :ph34r: ), I don't think I'm going to be placing any Mosaic orders in the near future, 10%-off sale notwithstanding. It's "Running Low" or nothing for me, at least for a while. :(

Yeah, I might as well call tomorrow. I should have received some word by now.

Surely it's going to be "upgraded" at some point?

I know it's "pricey" and all, but isn't this one of those "long haul" things that most every fan of post-bop jazz will eventualy get, or flirt long and hard with getting?

Looks like there is going to be a Japanese K2 version of this coming out. I wonder if there is any plan to release this in the U.S. also.

http://www.cdjapan.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICJ-41461

According to Mr. Tanno there are 151 tracks on this Japanese 18 CD set. If I count I come to roughly 120 tracks (including the Miles Davis Sessions on Prestige). What are these other tracks? False starts etc.? This new Japanese set is a reissue of the "older" Japanese 18 CD set (VICJ 60573-90(20 bit K2)). Does someone have this one who can confirm the tracks?