A New Way to Buy Cds Without the Missus Knowing

robviti

This system worked for me for over 30 years. Of course, my wife noticed the expansion of the collection but never had an angle to berate me because the cost never appeared in our finances and she only ever saw records coming in the house when I came back from holiday. Holidays are different, of course.

MG

Yes, my wife periodically comments that my collection seems to be expanding despite the fact that she never sees evidence of purchases. I tell her that it's just her imagination. :g

I don't think she believes me...

:unsure:

I cashed in a bunch of coins recently ($170 worth!!!), but the soon-to-be missus and I were doing some nesting, and the coins got turned into a credit at Linens-n-Things. :(

So no Amazon orders sneaking into the house, but we got some folding chairs and table linens for the Thanksgiving hang we had. What was I thinking? :crazy:

I cashed in a bunch of coins recently ($170 worth!!!), but the soon-to-be missus and I were doing some nesting, and the coins got turned into a credit at Linens-n-Things. :(

So no Amazon orders sneaking into the house, but we got some folding chairs and table linens for the Thanksgiving hang we had. What was I thinking? :crazy:

Actually, buying records has ALWAYS been second priority behind folding chairs and table linens (etc).

In essence, that's why subterfuge is necesary.

MG

My wife has absolutely no problem with my buying cds/lps.

Frankly, I don't understand why it's such a problem with what appears to be quite a few of you.

the secret to dmitry the dentist's success (he has a rig set up at home):

dental-1.gif

:g

The trouble is, as the diagram makes clear, there are still leaks.

MG

C'mon, clear up your finances and gain the trust of your wife. Since I got that, she doesn't complain anymore. I ask her before bigger investment, and she never throws a veto.

Same here; no complaints from her. But regardless, compared to the mortgage and the monthly bills my music buying is a fairly small percentage of our monthly expenses, even in times of a Mosaic order or a Concord CD sale. :w

I don't need to hide purchases, but on the other hand, I hate loose change and never been one to fill coin jars with it. I just shove it in my pocket and use as much as I can next time I buy something. But the idea of taking loose change and eventually turning it into a large Amazon order is definitely appealing.

I actually have only ever had two girlfriends that really disliked my collecting jones, and only one of those two ever denigrated the interest in music itself.

Just started seeing someone who was very, very impressed by the size of my collection :) , and who (prior to knowing me) listens to quite a bit of Coltrane and Sun Ra. Hard to find these ones!

I was more impressed by the fact that she has quite a few Impulse Coltranes, and likes "Ascension."

Most women like ascension much more than the alternative.

What? Dissension? Surely not! Most women I know LOVE an argument... well, if they think they're right, which is most of the time.

MG