What is the best way to send Vinyl through the mail...

Cliff Englewood

I have quite a few items I am considering selling but the main concern I have is how would I post them so they will actually get there in one piece, without spending a fortune on packaging/insurance???

Is it safe, in general terms to send vinyl/records through the mail, especially internationally???

Any hints, tips or ideas???

Cheers.

I have been buying LPs for two years and I must admit than 99.9% of the time my records arrive in the condition they were sent. I like it when the sellers remove the record from the jacket. Bubblewrap is wonderful, even with records. I would also recommend that you secure the corners of the jacket with cardboard or polystyrene as they tend to suffer the most.

I use a purpose made record mailer but use two corrugated card stiffeners ( I usually cut these from old packaging from white goods, tvs, computers etc). This type of packaging is more or less inflexible and seems to stand up to the rigours of postal handling. Depending on the record these packages usually weigh between 450 and 550 grams). Everything seems to get through okay.