OMG WE HAVE A CLASSICAL FORUM!!!!!

Bright Moments

So, let's talk about the Grateful Dead... oops, wrong place. :ph34r: Actually, I like this idea, I've never "gotten" classical music in my life, so I might learn something here --- now that's a scary thought.

I can happen! Luckily classical music can be very inexpensive, relatively speaking (SACDs excluded.) Plus your local library might be decently stocked. Instead of Dead tour years, it becomes conductors, orchestras, etc. Finds nicely into the obsessive compulsive Grateful Dead mindset.

yes i guess this is a good addition-- maybe w/ a separate header, it will premote increased dicussion.

i will contribute this now, finally, here on the board: i dont know if i really told that many of u guys, one or two might know it, but did u guys know i worked for a ballet co. for a year and a half? Chewy **LOVES** ballet. i love ballet as much as I love Emminent JJ Johnson: volumes one **AND** two!! I have seen dozens and dozens of ballets in the front row center, directly in back of the conductors head. i have over 75 different lps, 78s, and ep versions of NUTCRACKER, and about half that number of swan lakes. I have gotten to meet the greatest 20th century west coast ballerinas, who off the stage are just regular people like you and me, but on the stage, are something much much much more. In fact chewy has dabbled in choreography of late, some of my works include:

-A modern interperation of NUTCRACKER- a re-choregraphed nutcracker- nixing all the x-mas-ey costumed dancers, and non pointe-releated 'party scenes' replacing them with more serious pointe work in the Ballenchine style

-Jethro Tull's A PASSION PLAY: taking the concept lp to the stage: a ballerina becomes pregnant and dies and travels through the seven rings of hell

-RIVER OF AIDS: a think piece about change in social attitutes

my grand masterwork is going to be a full length Phil Collins ballet, however so far I've just completed the ballad section, which will be "In Too Deep". I have hit a roadblock with "Apocylcpse in 9/8" which is an essential section (originally created by genesis in a dance studio) but im having trouble comming up with what i need for that one.

yes i guess this is a good addition-- maybe w/ a separate header, it will premote increased dicussion.

i will contribute this now, finally, here on the board: i dont know if i really told that many of u guys, one or two might know it, but did u guys know i worked for a ballet co. for a year and a half? Chewy **LOVES** ballet. i love ballet as much as I love Emminent JJ Johnson: volumes one **AND** two!! I have seen dozens and dozens of ballets in the front row center, directly in back of the conductors head. i have over 75 different lps, 78s, and ep versions of NUTCRACKER, and about half that number of swan lakes. I have gotten to meet the greatest 20th century west coast ballerinas, who off the stage are just regular people like you and me, but on the stage, are something much much much more. In fact chewy has dabbled in choreography of late, some of my works include:

-A modern interperation of NUTCRACKER- a re-choregraphed nutcracker- nixing all the x-mas-ey costumed dancers, and non pointe-releated 'party scenes' replacing them with more serious pointe work in the Ballenchine style

-Jethro Tull's A PASSION PLAY: taking the concept lp to the stage: a ballerina becomes pregnant and dies and travels through the seven rings of hell

-RIVER OF AIDS: a think piece about change in social attitutes

my grand masterwork is going to be a full length Phil Collins ballet, however so far I've just completed the ballad section, which will be "In Too Deep". I have hit a roadblock with "Apocylcpse in 9/8" which is an essential section (originally created by genesis in a dance studio) but im having trouble comming up with what i need for that one.

:wub:

MG