What do you guys read on the toilet?

I will look at magazines, but lately I just grab a chessbook and open it to some diagram and try to predict the next move. I find that very helpful as far as, er, relaxation is concerned.

I also will grab my copy of AMG or Penguin and just flip through it. That's kind of fun.

I don't read novels or any thick nonfiction. Secret is not to get so involved that you end up placing the book on the sink and reading it while standing up and the toilet has already been flushed. Your wife thinks you're still in there doing your business when actually you're just reading!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Kiwi humour ... I have no idea if the following story is true, but it's become part of the Weir family lore.

Many, many years ago, my now deceased dad and some of his buddies were out in the wop wops (that's boonies to you) on a shooting trip. I hesitate to use the word hunting, as all they were probably after were rabbits and/or wild goats.

Anyways ... one member of the party decided he needed a good, long private crap, so retired to some nearby bushes to do his thing in peace.

No sooner had he departed, than my dad crept up behind him - with a shovel.

When the poor guy followed that fundamental human instinct, and turned 'round to examine his doings - THERE WAS NOTHING THERE!

:lol:

Hey Conn500, are you aware of this recent AAJ thread??

Contest: Poor Topic Ideas

:P

Great way to advertise the board, Rooster!! I highly approve.

Actually, a lot of those silly thread topics were started by me. ^_^ But I'm not the only one!

Thank God I don't spend time on that uptight board. B) I mean, how can you pick on such a wonderful topic as "How many OBI strips do you have?" It's a wonderful topic idea. :lol:

I've never quite understood this practice. I head for the bathroom, WHEN I'm ready to go. I take care of business, and I'm outta there.

It's not like I have to coax it out... you know

"Please come out of my butt"!

Oh, and I cannot believe we're discussing this...are you guy's bored, OR WHAT!?!

Edited by Parkertown

Since we seem to be getting in deep here, how about some metaphors for the act?

"Dropping the kids off at the pool"

"Launching a sea pickle"

OK. I've officially hit bottom. :)

Okay, that does it guys!

Let us now go back to the high tone and urbanity which was originally expressed with the start up question on this thread: exactly what do you read while dropping your kids off at the pool? :winky: