Blindfold Test Master Signup Thread

Dan Gould

OK, folks, the members have spoken and the method of selecting future Blindfold Test compilers is officially changed.

Couw has been selected by Jsangry to compile Test #5.

Please post here to declare your desire to compile Test #6 and beyond, first come, first serve.

Note: If you are signing up, please declare the number of the test you want (I think its fine to skip ahead if you know you want to do it several months hence).

Use or B3-er, please "pin" this one!

Edited by Dan Gould

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to do one, but several factors have to come together first...

- I gotta buy a CD-burn facility

- I gotta have lots of spare time

- I gotta save some money to buy blanks and come up with at least some of the postage money

- and I gotta hunt down some good fun stuff you all sure won't recognize ;)

Maybe somewhen after the middle of next year? Just keep me in mind. I did talk up, but I'm not able to give a date right now.

ubu

Hey everyone-

I am new to Organissimo, but maybe some of you remember my sporadic posting from the old BN board and Jazz Corner. In any case, I just found this board recently, and am signed up to go with Jim's CD... I will be participating a lot more. As I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days, I'll go ahead and take whatever the next slot would be... I promise all kinds of goodies.

Hey everyone-

I am new to Organissimo, but maybe some of you remember my sporadic posting from the old BN board and Jazz Corner.  In any case, I just found this board recently, and am signed up to go with Jim's CD... I will be participating a lot more.  As I have quite a bit of time on my hands these days, I'll go ahead and take whatever the next slot would be... I promise all kinds of goodies.

Well, since Randy has grabbed #6, and Man with the Golden Arm didn't declare which one he wants to do, I'd say that you are #7.

Folks, please read through the thread and declare which one you want. Saying you want to "segue one up" doesn't exactly mean you have dibs on a specific test. Not trying to be school marm-ish here, but since I got this change started, I'd like to see it work well.

Edited by Dan Gould

Rooster, you might want to grab #7 or 8 while its available-with Jim's not ready to ship, Couw won't go before the end of December, Randy will be sometime in January, and you're into February.

Well, I'll take #8, though I might defer to a higher number, depending on when #8 really turns out to be.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to let volunteers know how many people wish to receive the blindfold discs.

We're talking close to 50 or so?

People should be aware of the potential costs involved.

I'm just a "receiver" but I always promise to post my impressions, which is what the blindfold creator wants to see in return for making the disc.

I'm not at all sure that the separate page is necessary. Really, this is no different from couw's work to compile the AOTW Selectors. This thread was supposed to be it, I didn't anticipate that a bunch of people would jump in with, well, I'd like to do it someday, etc.

You know, a signup is a signup. If you're not signing up, don't. When you're ready to sign up, do it.

No, it's not neccesary, but it would be fun! Why not try something new? ^_^

BTW, rockefeller center, I think that wiki page you set up has been blocked. I guess they are not a free wiki site.

Maybe B3-er can have his server guy set up a wiki page here if it doesn't cost anything.

I think I just like typing the word wiki.

wiki wiki wiki ;)

Edited by Jim Dye