Show yer face to us!!!!!!

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a picture of me and a couple of friends, last weekend, enjoying the southern Arizona desert. I'm the one in the middle. The one without enough intelligence to wear a hat, in the desert, in Arizona. B-)

link

I linked to the picture rather than posting the image herein. My intention being to NOT slow the loading of this thread. The picture is an 886kb download.

Here's a picture of me and my boy:

....Carnac!

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, Carnac, the psychic boy!

For those who don't know what we're talking about:

A couple months ago, he predicted that my wife would be in a car accident. She dropped him off at school and he was crying and having a fit (which he never does), and he told her not to leave him because it was dangerous. Less than a half a mile later, some kid ran into her at 40mph. She was okay thankfully.

I picked my son up from school later that day and asked what he meant when he told his mommy that it was dangerous. He said that it was dangerous because a car was going to crash into the back of her car, which is exactly what happened.

So... that's why Mark calls him Carnac. :lol:

Jeff? I'm speechless!

Any other examples?

Even slight ones that you noticed in hindsight?

That was the best one, but he does little ones.

Just this morning, he was talking about going over to my wife's friend's house tomorrow. My wife hasn't taken him there for months, but during the day yesterday (when he was at school and she at work), my wife had made plans to go over there tomorrow night (Wednesday). We hadn't talked about this in front of him. I know this because my wife was just as shocked as I was when he started talking about going to this woman's house tomorrow.

If he says not to leave the house because it's dangerous, I just might stay at home. :ph34r:

:lol::lol:

Good points!

Actually, I have another good non-psychic story about him. When he was a couple months old he would cry a lot. NOTHING would stop him from crying, until I put Lee Konitz' Motion cd on the stereo. The music started and he stopped crying and (it seems like) he was listening to the music. I'd bet money he was listening.

For the first couple years of his life he loved jazz. I played it all the time, when I wasn't at work, for him. He really dug the Lee Konitz, Flip Phillip's Verve recordings and LD's The Natural Soul. He would get that cd off the shelf all the time for me to play (this started when he was around 1 1/2).

Now he loves cartoons and wants to see them instead of listen to jazz. :(

Oh sure. If he's so "smart" why couldn't he have warned us about Che?

:P

haha :lol:

He probably did, and Jeff wasn't taking his advice.

"Now son, we need to treat all board members the same, no matter how off the wall of a fuck face they may be.

"Remember, there is no problem that can't be solved with a PM or two".

;););)

Sorry, Jeff. :g

Oh sure. If he's so "smart" why couldn't he have warned us about Che?

:P

haha :lol:

He probably did, and Jeff wasn't taking his advice.

"Now son, we need to treat all board members the same, no matter how off the wall of a fuck face they may be.

"Remember, there is no problem that can't be solved with a PM or two".

;););)

Sorry, Jeff. :g

:lol::lol:

I deserve that. :g:lol:

Edit: Maybe I can have him look at the board with me and give me a yay or nay by looking at our avatars... :lol:

Edited by AfricaBrass

Here is a picture of me and a couple of friends, last weekend, enjoying the southern Arizona desert. I'm the one in the middle. The one without enough intelligence to wear a hat, in the desert, in Arizona. B-)

link

I linked to the picture rather than posting the image herein. My intention being to NOT slow the loading of this thread. The picture is an 886kb download.

okay wes, nobody else has asked, so I will. What's that gun for? :rsmile:

okay wes, nobody else has asked, so I will.  What's that gun for?

We were heading for the border to join the Minuteman Project. ^_^

No. Really, my friend (with the gun) is a gun enthusiast. The gun he's holding, he built it himself. He ordered ALL the parts from the Internet. The parts were delivered to his house by United Parcel Service. The gun is some type of semi-automatic thing (I don't know much about guns). He enjoys shooting the gun in the desert where there are no other folks around. He fills the gun with generic Russian bullets (the bullets were purchased via the Internet too).

Edited by wesbed

Does it ever cross your mind when you're all alone in the middle of the desert with a guy with pocket full of russian ammo and a semi automatic rifle that just maybe you don't know him as well as you thought and that...

Nevermind, forget about it, I'm sure nothing like that ever happens except in movies right?

Does it ever cross your mind when you're all alone in the middle of the desert with a guy with pocket full of russian ammo and a semi automatic rifle that just maybe you don't know him as well as you thought and that...

Did I mention... the guy with the gun was full of Tecate? :D