Chuck Nessa

mp3 bargains

152 posts in this topic

600x600.jpg

$6.49 on eMusic.

I've been delving into Indian music recently, and just found this:

51Ml%2BLSa5NL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Amazon

11 1/2 hours for $4.99. I'm not sure what "Bhajan" is (perhaps some sort of religious song), but the samples sound interesting.

Joe Farrell "Outback" (CTI) w/Elvin Jones, Chick Corea, Buster Williams on eMusic for $2.24 :tup

Amazon has a one-day sale today. No jazz, but some interesting recent pop albums for $1.99. I got Regina Spektor and the Black Keys; I already had the Beach Boys and Lionel Richie (don't laugh; it's a nice album!).

Amazon

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded the Beach Boys.

Believe it or not, those same downloads are now down to 99 cents each! WTF?!?

Amazon

Yeah, no longer available as it was a 1-day special, but they did send me a buck credit.

I received the $1 credit as well.

I downloaded Bonnie Raitt's new one. Not many surprises, but overall, pretty good.

I picked up the Black Keys @ $.99, too.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. While scouting around archive.org, I found 93 programs of the AFRS Jubilee. They're at 128 kbps, are all free, and can be downloaded in one shot (see VBR ZIP on the left side).

archive.org

Don't know if this has been mentioned before. While scouting around archive.org, I found 93 programs of the AFRS Jubilee. They're at 128 kbps, are all free, and can be downloaded in one shot (see VBR ZIP on the left side).

archive.org

This is great but when I click on the VBR they stream but don't download. Am I (as usual) doing something wrong?

archive.org

This is great but when I click on the VBR they stream but don't download. Am I (as usual) doing something wrong?

Look at the left side of the screen, under the section "Listen to audio." The section underneath that (under "Stream") is "Play / Download." Click on "VBR ZIP," then sit back - it's about 2.3 gb to download.

Loads of great stuff for free on archive.org, from many '50s Basie airchecks to hours of Bob & Ray.

archive.org

Look at the left side of the screen, under the section "Listen to audio." The section underneath that (under "Stream") is "Play / Download." Click on "VBR ZIP," then sit back - it's about 2.3 gb to download.

Wow. it took me 30 minutes but worth it. Brings up a question about AFRS broadcasts that I should perhaps ask in the Discography forum:

Were these actual concerts or were they pieced together from separate live performances?