NFL 2013

Gutsy article by Mr. Whitlock.

I've followed the situation to some degree, but don't think I know enough to make any conclusions.

It gets idiotic when it gets to Malcolm X and MLK.

Yeah, William Rhoden of the NY Times (also African-American) commented in a similar vein, but much more reasonably:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/sports/football/civility-need-not-be-excluded-from-the-culture-of-the-nfl.html?ref=williamcrhoden&_r=0

...At least one of Martin’s black teammates went to ridiculous lengths, referring to Incognito as an honorary brother. Trust me, if the roles were reversed and Incognito were black and Martin white, the narrative would be different...

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets are my team and I comment about them and the Rex Ryan circus and just when I think the team can finally end the circus, of course it helps that he has a GM that put him on a leash of sorts and they got rid of Brian Schottenheimer who is off ruining another team's offense....just like I comment about all the teams.

Speaking of NJ teams. Don't consider either one to really be NY teams when they're not even in the state for their games. The Giants were 0-6, but now are 1.5 out of first after winning 3 in a row. The fascinating thing is it's not the typical Eli wakes stops playing like crap like he does most of the season and starts playing like someone being paid what he does. He's still been playing like crap the last three wins.

Really can't a recall a season with so many terrible teams in position to make the playoffs.

P.S. Mark Duper is the latest to be diagnosed with signs of CTE.

P.P.S. If they were really serious in the NFL and College....they would get rid of Thursday and Friday night games....and any team that plays Monday should get a bye the next week.

Edited by Blue Train

Gutsy article by Mr. Whitlock.

I've followed the situation to some degree, but don't think I know enough to make any conclusions.

It gets idiotic when it gets to Malcolm X and MLK.

Yeah, William Rhoden of the NY Times (also African-American) commented in a similar vein, but much more reasonably:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/sports/football/civility-need-not-be-excluded-from-the-culture-of-the-nfl.html?ref=williamcrhoden&_r=0

...At least one of Martin’s black teammates went to ridiculous lengths, referring to Incognito as an honorary brother. Trust me, if the roles were reversed and Incognito were black and Martin white, the narrative would be different...

Jason Reid as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/miami-dolphins-blacks-support-for-richie-incognito-in-nfl-bullying-affair-is-troubling/2013/11/08/de154eda-48ba-11e3-bf0c-cebf37c6f484_story.html?Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

Edited by Blue Train

Allas D looked good last night

Embarrassment when they play on national TV

40 first downs they gave up

Does Blue Train have an NFL team or just anti-Goodie/49ers?

On a serious note

Get well Tony Dorsett

You noticed that, too.

Given the one way conversation he's having with himself on the MLB thread he hates the Giants/Goodie there, as well.

Looks like Jerry Jones is experiencing some remorse over firing Rob Ryan...especially after yesterday's drubbing vs the Saints:

http://nesn.com/2013/11/jerry-jones-admits-firing-rob-ryan-wasnt-best-idea-after-ryan-saints-destroy-cowboys-monte-kiffin/

Niners, OTOH, should have gone for the TD on that 4th and one. I have no idea why they, oh, wait...Roman is still their OC, huh. Never mind.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Allas D looked good last night

Embarrassment when they play on national TV

40 first downs they gave up

Does Blue Train have an NFL team or just anti-Goodie/49ers?

On a serious note

Get well Tony Dorsett

You noticed that, too.

Given the one way conversation he's having with himself on the MLB thread he hates the Giants/Goodie there, as well.

Looks like Jerry Jones is experiencing some remorse over firing Rob Ryan...especially after yesterday's drubbing vs the Saints:

http://nesn.com/2013/11/jerry-jones-admits-firing-rob-ryan-wasnt-best-idea-after-ryan-saints-destroy-cowboys-monte-kiffin/

Niners, OTOH, should have gone for the TD on that 4th and one. I have no idea why they, oh, wait...Roman is still their OC, huh. Never mind.

Same OC that got them to the Super Bowl is the problem and not the half-year wonder?....and you really think Harbaugh (who I really like....and along Greg Roman, Vic Fangio (these 3 resurrected both Stanford and the Niners.) and Trent Baalke are the only reason the Niners are no longer doormats in the NFC Worst) doesn't have a say? In fact, on a 4 and 1 it's the HC that makes the call to go for it or not. Not the OC.

Does Harbaugh really come across as anyone that would keep anyone that keeps the team from winning...let alone something as important as OC? Hell, Aldon Smith even got into a few plays yesterday and he should have been cut, or @ least suspended for the rest of the season.

And my comments about the Giants were in response to your comments that the Yankees are buying WS, but the Giants didn't buy both theirs and continued to try no matter how many facts were used about their payroll....that and your classless attack of Mike Schwartz while forgetting your long history of calling Ortiz a juicer and about the Red Sox. It's one way (at least beside your insults) because you have no defense for it.

P.S. When is the last month, or year you actually posted a single thing about Jazz, or non-cock rock music?

Edited by Blue Train

Reason not to bet on NFL Games

Colts beat Seahawks Broncos and 49ers and then get destroyed by the Rams....

What the fizzzuck

When a defense knows they have no reason to defend the run @ all. Once again....Richardson 5 carries for 2 yards. Luck lead the Colts in rushing with a whopping 17 yards.

Edited by Blue Train

Todd Christensen died. He was only 57.

He retired long before I was even born. I know him as a broadcaster, which I enjoyed.

Be well....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281159/article/todd-christensen-former-raiders-tight-end-dies-at-57

P.S. Just checked...and he lead the NFL twice in receptions as a TE!

Edited by Blue Train

The Jets sign Ed Reed. Really hard to tell what he has left considering he followed the Benjamins and went to a team with a defense he doesn't fit into with Houston. @ least with the Jets it will be a defense more similar to the Ravens since Ryan was the DC for the Ravens for Reed's first 7 years.

Edited by Blue Train

Tony Dorsett and Joe DeLamielleure, and Leonard Marshall all diagnosed with having signs of CTE. Still can't believe the former players agreed to take a penny (if even that much) on the dollar in the settlement.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9931754/former-nfl-stars-tony-dorsett-leonard-marshall-joe-delameilleure-show-indicators-cte-resulting-football-concussions

This says that that report was bogus - CTE cannot be determined for the living, only via an autopsy.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/2013/11/14/espn-sports-reporters-fooled-hoax-living-football-players-have-fatal-dis

Tony Dorsett and Joe DeLamielleure, and Leonard Marshall all diagnosed with having signs of CTE. Still can't believe the former players agreed to take a penny (if even that much) on the dollar in the settlement.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9931754/former-nfl-stars-tony-dorsett-leonard-marshall-joe-delameilleure-show-indicators-cte-resulting-football-concussions

This says that that report was bogus - CTE cannot be determined for the living, only via an autopsy.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/2013/11/14/espn-sports-reporters-fooled-hoax-living-football-players-have-fatal-dis

Everyone that has read all the reports about those that have been confirmed to have CTE should know that...what they reported was they showed signs of it. The CFL paper was the equivalent of the one done by the NFL about concussions that they're now embarrassed about....as in, paid by the CFL.

Ann Coulter writes for that place. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know about it.

I just checked....and I can't find anyone else making the same claims as Hall....who really is nutcase if you read even just a few his posts.

You would think even the NFL would attempt some sort of reply.....crickets!

Edited by Blue Train

Before the Colts game last night they said they would make the Richardson trade again. You can't make that up.

Which was followed by the 2nd week in a row that Luck once again out-rushed Richardson (a dominating 8 for 22) and was the 2nd leading rusher on the Colts....and even rushed for a TD....and had the longer run of the two. Richardson basically has the same stats as McGahee....and McGahee basically came off the streets after a knee injury last year, and no camp, no pre-season games....much older, and with just a couple weeks of practice, and like Richardson a new playbook to learn.

No one even offered McGahee a contract for this year....if not for the trade he would be watching @ home like everyone else.

Edited by Blue Train

He retired long before I was even born. I know him as a broadcaster, which I enjoyed.

Be well....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281159/article/todd-christensen-former-raiders-tight-end-dies-at-57

According to Bay Area sports radio a family source told that the cause of death was due to a complication from a normally considered routine operation.

Be well....

According to Bay Area sports radio a family source told that the cause of death was due to a complication from a normally considered routine operation.

Latest new was it was liver transplant surgery. Even if you have the best....that's not routine. Never drank and still ended up needing a transplant.

Way, way before my time....his is the only name from all those that are mentioned I don't know.

Be well....

Edited by Blue Train

Well, Greg Roman [with the help of a piss poor O-Line and piss poor referee calls] keeps an otherwise sterling Niners Defense from winning...again. He's running Gore and Hunter up the gut, up the gut, up the gut. GEEZ. Maybe he could allow Kaepernick to come out with a pass a little sooner? And what is this start-stop delay at the line of scrimmage bullshit anyway?

If Roman would just get the hell out of the way and let the real 49ers team win [Read: Defense] and/or control the game, they'd be at least 8-2 right now. Niners-D is what has led this team for three years now and Roman keeps shutting the offense down with his conservative and oh-so-predictable play calling. Last week's 4th and 1 at the goal line then wimp out on that bark the other guys offsides garbage looms large right now. FGs won't get it done, Roman. Open up the Offense, dammit!

Maybe the Wildcard, who can tell at this point. Pssh.

Edited by GoodSpeak