Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeway

James Garner, RIP

19 posts in this topic

Wow, that kind of shocked me to read. I saw tons of Rockford Files when I was younger.

Sad news. In addition to enjoying his work, I always felt a personal connection due to the fact that Garner was on-screen host for a documentary that Dad's company produced called The Presidents. It debuted during the bicentennial ... I never did ask Dad how he got Rockford involved, but it was a pretty cool thing when I was 11 years old, to say that my Dad worked with and knew Jim Garner.

RIP - Certainly remember 'The Rockford Files' back in the day. It was ubiquitous on TV but in a good way.

Maverick, Rockfish, Polaroid, Victor/Victoria, he was one of those guys who was there when I got here, just figured he'd always be there.

RIP, and thanks for a large body of very enjoyable work.

It's hard to tell from an onscreen persona, but I had the impression that he was a pretty good guy. I'm glad he was around and active for such a long time.

Thank you, Mr. Garner. You'll be missed and remembered.

Maverick is one of my very favorite shows, top three for sure.

And my favorite Maverick episodes featured Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., as Dandy Jim Buckley. We lost him a few weeks ago too.

RIP.

Jim Garner, Isaac Hayes and Stuart Margolin - a dream team. Sleep well Rockfish.

Jim Garner, Isaac Hayes and Stuart Margolin - a dream team. Sleep well Rockfish.

And Joe Santos.

He was so cool as Dr. Bob next to the intense James Garner in "My Name Is Bill W."

Watched him just the other week in The Americanization Of Emily.

He'll always be Maverick to me.

R.I.P.

Sad news, always a pleasure to watch.

Maverick, Rockfish, Polaroid, Victor/Victoria, he was one of those guys who was there when I got here, just figured he'd always be there.

RIP, and thanks for a large body of very enjoyable work.

Oh yeah! I forgot all about those Polaroid commercials he did with Marriette Hartley back in the 70's and early 80's. Edited by Scott Dolan

I thought he did his best work in Hallmark specials, especially "The Promise" with James Woods. Also "Heartsounds" with Mary Tyler Moore. A really fine actor.

gregmo

Like most people of my generation, I was a big Rockford Files fan, but I also caught some repeats of Maverick during one or two summers. Garner was so charming. RIP

As far as I'm concerned Garner was about as hip as you can be. I used to watch Rockford Files when I was a kid and he was an early hero of mine.