So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

On 11/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, sonnyhill said:

a4278399365_16.jpg

Fred Anderson Quartet - Live Volume V (FPE)

Fred Anderson: tenor sax
Hamid Drake: drums
Tatsu Aoki: bass
Toshinori Kondo: trumpet, electronics

Received as a gift to myself. Kondo bring so much to this set and really bring the most out of Fred in my opinion. 

• Replies 79.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/12/2020 at 9:23 PM, sonnyhill said:

a4278399365_16.jpg

Fred Anderson Quartet - Live Volume V (FPE)

Fred Anderson: tenor sax
Hamid Drake: drums
Tatsu Aoki: bass
Toshinori Kondo: trumpet, electronics

47 minutes ago, jcam_44 said:

Received as a gift to myself. Kondo bring so much to this set and really bring the most out of Fred in my opinion. 

This is the one on Bandcamp, I think.  I kept meaning to pick it up on a Bandcamp Friday but kept forgetting.  Will try to get to it soon in the New Year.

Currently listening to Misty Thursday by Duke Pearson.

R-2187388-1338991852-4288.jpeg.jpg

In general, I've been revisiting a bunch of Whatmusic.com CDs I picked up back in the day (mostly Brazilian music but also Collier's Deep Dark Blue Centre).  The label seems to have gone out of business.  Most but not 100% of the catalogue has migrated to the streaming services.

264x264.jpgR-3577611-1335979191.jpeg.jpgR-4278260-1360508231-8843.jpeg.jpgR-7709543-1447183754-3335.jpeg.jpg

Edited by ejp626

Richard Sears Sextet featuring Albert Heath "Altadena"

richard_sears_sextet_altadena.jpg

Richard Sears – piano, composition, Kirk Knuffke – cornet, Patrick Wolff – tenor saxophone, Steven Lugener – bass clarinet, alto saxophone, Garret Lang – bass, Albert Heath – drums

I ordered the new Clifton Anderson cd from Rope a Dope Records on a day when they were including two free discs with an order, and this was one of the discs they included.

Glad they did. It's very good.

Edited by jazzbo

15 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Well my point was that violent assault on the legislature makes Trumpers more evil than before and with a little luck Trump will be finished as a political force after this. Everyone has "soft support". Trump with insurrectionists only going forward isn't more than 20% of the population. I think.

So my fear was lefties and righties fighting in the street = Trump moving to declare martial law and trying to retain power.

Now I think (and hope and pray) that what must be done is that good people on both sides come together, after the Capitol is secured again, and move and vote on impeachment and conviction. He has to pay a cost. We cannot wait 14 days. For the dignity of the nation he must be removed.

I expect the same people who have propped him up for the last 4 years to do whatever is politically expedient, which will involve catering to an ignorant base that continues to be in the thrall of a charlatan.

Clifton Anderson "Been Down this Road Before" Rope a Dope Records cd

6a00e008dca1f08834026be4241b86200d-600wi 

Enjoying this one. Very nicely produced cd, the music seems timeless in its modern jazz way.

Trombone, Didgeridoo, Percussion - Clifton Anderson
Saxophones and Reeds - Renee McLean, Antoine Roney, Eric Wyatt
Guitar - Peter Bernstein
Keyboards - John F. Adams, Monty Alexander, Stephen Scott, Tadataka Unno
Bass - Buster Williams, Tom Barney
Drums - Ronnie Burrage, Al Foster, Steve Jordan
Percussion - Sammy Figueroa, Victor See Yuen
Vocals - Andy Bey
Background Vocals - Mala Waldron, Angela Workman, John F. Adams