• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since I was in the Fantasy SACD section of one wall of discs I pulled this one out to listen to.

"Chet Baker in New York" Riverside/Fantasy SACD. 

Haven't spun this session in a while. Paul Chambers really caught my attention on this one and the previous Gil Evans. What a player he was, especially in the 'fifties. Such articulation and swing.

51jHwZTCTUL.__AC_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

1508913693_Tmdi.jpg

Cannonball Adderley and the Bossa Rio Sextet of Brazil "Cannonball's Bossa Nova" Landmark cd

R-1410766-1406483029-2914.jpeg.jpg

Beautiful music. Beautifully recorded. Cannon could play anything and he has great accompaniment here.

Cannonball Adderley - alto saxophone
Sérgio Mendes - piano
Durval Ferreira - guitar
Octavio Bailly, Jr. - bass
Dom Um Romão - drums
Pedro Paulo - trumpet 
Paulo Moura - alto saxophone 

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Since I was in the Fantasy SACD section of one wall of discs I pulled this one out to listen to.

"Chet Baker in New York" Riverside/Fantasy SACD. 

Haven't spun this session in a while. Paul Chambers really caught my attention on this one and the previous Gil Evans. What a player he was, especially in the 'fifties. Such articulation and swing.

51jHwZTCTUL.__AC_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

1508913693_Tmdi.jpg

This is getting reissued on vinyl in February. Kevin Gray is cutting it and it'll be pressed at ATI, like the Tone Poet LPs. Craft Records is reissuing all 4 Baker LPs (from the discontinued box set) in February. This is good because I am not a huge fan of his Riverside vocal records.

26 minutes ago, bresna said:

This is getting reissued on vinyl in February. Kevin Gray is cutting it and it'll be pressed at ATI, like the Tone Poet LPs. Craft Records is reissuing all 4 Baker LPs (from the discontinued box set) in February. This is good because I am not a huge fan of his Riverside vocal records.

Cool. I don't buy vinyl reissues. Too pricey. . . too risky as far as quality. I'll buy old vinyl, but not new vinyl with very very few exceptions. I play about 20 to 30 times more digital discs than vinyl.

Edited by jazzbo

22 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

Prompted by discussion on another thread:

R-3113808-1363729820-2631.jpeg.jpg

My CD version has this cover, duplicating the image from the original Japan-only LP release in 1979.

Yes, I have a copy of that CD release too. White sided case ‘Collectors Choice’ issue from the 1990s.

As distinct from this RVG travesty -

R-764791-1246301799.jpeg.jpg

Edited by sidewinder