Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dub Modal said:

Like a mash up of late Donald Byrd and Roy Ayers. 

And now, one I slept on from 2020: 

R-15479085-1592299530-8002.jpeg.jpg

Album is Earthbound from LCSM. 

Ha! I remember looking at that when it was pre-release and have forgotten about it until your post. Thnkas

I'm on this, you know it?  Same London scene really

a2701684768_10.jpg

4 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Ha! I remember looking at that when it was pre-release and have forgotten about it until your post. Thnkas

I'm on this, you know it?  Same London scene really

a2701684768_10.jpg

yep, posted it a few pages back actually - and I think you commented as she works in a local shop sometimes...? I dug that album. Totally new artist for me. 

Just now, Dub Modal said:

yep, posted it a few pages back actually - and I think you commented as she works in a local shop sometimes...? I dug that album. Totally new artist for me. 

Yes, I remember that now. New to me too. Either i hadn't been paying attention (most likely) or she came out of nowhere

9 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

Per discogs no credits before 2020 but she was probably out there somewhere. She remixed a Nubia Garcia track this year too. Good scene going there right now

The new Nubya Garcia remix album is very good.  Great scene at the moment, most vibrant I can remember it. Just too difficult to keep up! And, i wish i was 30 years younger to really enjoy it...

23 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

And now, one I slept on from 2020: 

R-15479085-1592299530-8002.jpeg.jpg

Album is Earthbound from LCSM. 

On this now. thanks again!

Edited by mjazzg

4 minutes ago, Rabshakeh said:

I'm still slightly unsold on Garcia. She seems to be a step back from other musicians on the scene at the moment. 

I really dig The Source. I wouldn't call her the greatest living sax player or anything but I find her creative and expressive in an enjoyable way. However, there isn't much that separates that style of record from "smooth jazz" which I think some would find negative. The production isn't as slick, there's no constant ambient keyboard in the background, and the melodies aren't as repetitive, but it's heavy groove playing within a type of soundscape.