• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, T.D. said:

R-699564-1378768504-4893.jpeg.jpg

:tup:tup:tup 

2 hours ago, Justin V said:

MI0001930310.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

It is hard to beat an immaculately recorded saxophone summit with an A+ rhythm section.  More Cobb is coming up today.

Yes! Excellent!

It's too bad that Buddy Tate's two LPs from the Sandy's gig have never been reissued. IMO, the Tate-led music is just as good as the stuff issued under Cobb's name. ... Maybe even better:rolleyes: 

Edited by HutchFan

37 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

:tup:tup:tup 

Yes! Excellent!

It's too bad that Buddy Tate's two LPs from the Sandy's gig have never been reissued. IMO, the Tate-led music is just as good as the stuff issued under Cobb's name. ... Maybe even better:rolleyes: 

I just ordered the single-disc compilation that has additional material because I don't do vinyl.  What is frustrating is that the Cobb CD has all but one of the tracks issued under his name and the compilation repeats 4 of those tracks. Why not include the excluded Cobb track and more of the Vinson and Tate material instead?  The sad thing is that the missing Cobb track would fit on a single disc nowadays.  I don't know how many discs it would take for the Tate and Vinson tracks.

20 hours ago, Brad said:

No, I dont.  Just read about it and listened to it on You Tube. I hear they are pricey though. 

Actually, I have *never* seen one for sale at any price, but I really appreciated your post because I had no idea anyone had put it on Youtube. So I very much appreciated the opportunity at last to hear it!

gregmo