Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Face of the Bass

Box Sets For Sale: Bix Beiderbecke, Gal Costa, Louis Armstrong, Joe Venuti and Eddie Lang Sets

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

I have the following box sets for sale. See descriptions. Shipping included to US, PM if interested!

Louis Armstrong -- The Big Band Sides, 1930-1942. 2-disc JSP set. Like new condition. $8

Bix Beiderbecke -- Bix Restored, Volume 1: 1924-1927. 3-Disc set. Like new condition. $35

Bix Beiderbecke -- Bix Restored, Volume 2: 1927-1928. 3-Disc set. Like new condition. $35

Bix Beiderbecke -- Bix Restored, Volume 3: 1928. 3-Disc set. Like new condition. $35 (If you want to buy all three Bix Restored sets, you can do so for $90.)

Gal Costa -- Gal Total -- 16 CD box set. The outer box has significant shelf wear on the corners, but the CDs inside are pristine. In fact, 10 of the 16 CDs are still sealed. This is a hard to find but fantastic set. $150

Eddie Lang & Joe Venuti 
-- The New York Sessions, 1926-1935. 4-disc JSP set. Still sealed. $15

Edited by Face of the Bass

New additions and price drops on the Islam and Gal Costa sets.

The Mingus is spectacular in every regard and a great bargain.

pm  Charles Mingus -- The Complete Columbia and RCA Albums Collection

Shortcut to the Grave and MIngus are gone.

If anybody has any interest in the Islamic music box or the Gal Costa box, let me know. Both are fantastic sets if you want to get into Brazilian Tropicalia music or the music of North Africa and the Middle East. Here is a bit on the Music of Islam box:

http://www.harmonies.com/releases/19907.htm

Someone on the Hoffman board is looking for the Costa set I believe. In the WTB forum.

Posted (edited)

"Want to Buy" -- you may not be able to see this as a non-member. .. .I think even if you are a member it takes a number of posts to view the classifieds area.

I found that thread and prompted the seeker to this thread. . . he is offering considerably less.

Edited by jazzbo

2 minutes ago, Face of the Bass said:

I just signed up. But yeah, I can't see it. 

I found that thread and prompted the seeker to this thread. . . he is offering considerably less.

1 hour ago, Face of the Bass said:

I just signed up. But yeah, I can't see it. 

You have to have something like 50 posts on the Hoffman board before you have access to the Marketplace section.  I've never bothered,  as I find it a strange place.