EKE BBB

What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

4,402 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

I basically listened to U Roy all day yesterday. A couple of excellent albums: 

R-2685972-1331206363.jpeg.jpg

R-685396-1403366940-4930.jpeg.jpg

There's a lot worse ways to spend the day just a shame it had to mark a sad occasion.  That second one we played to death when I was at university in the 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

There's a lot worse ways to spend the day just a shame it had to mark a sad occasion.  That second one we played to death when I was at university in the 80s

Agreed. and Natty Rebel is a great album. I overlooked Serious Matter back in '99 but it's got some fantastic songs on it. He was a true original and from what I've read a very kind soul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The flashback feelgood album of the day --

field4_550x550.jpg

This album's two sides are titled "Smoke" and "Fire".  The "Fire" side got a lot of play in my house way back in the day when I had this album as a $1.99 Woolworth's cutout.LP and even since I've had the Cd version, it's still those 3 cuts which get replayed most often. -- the surprisingly successful disco version of "Get Ready", the big hit, "Cruisin'", the Smokeyest of all Smokey Robinson songs, and this love groove classic, "Share It".  Man, I forgot how good this song feels!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

Genius, pure and simple.  Sometimes I listen to this and think it's better even than 'Astral Weeks'

preceded by my favourite mid-period album

R-2181807-1397137397-3205.jpeg.jpg

and now I'm going to listen to that Eddie Hinton, thanks @soulpope

Edited by mjazzg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, duaneiac said:

The flashback feelgood album of the day --

field4_550x550.jpg

This album's two sides are titled "Smoke" and "Fire".  The "Fire" side got a lot of play in my house way back in the day when I had this album as a $1.99 Woolworth's cutout.LP and even since I've had the Cd version, it's still those 3 cuts which get replayed most often. -- the surprisingly successful disco version of "Get Ready", the big hit, "Cruisin'", the Smokeyest of all Smokey Robinson songs, and this love groove classic, "Share It".  Man, I forgot how good this song feels!

 

Great stuff!:tup

27 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

Genius, pure and simple.  Sometimes I listen to this and think it's better even than 'Astral Weeks'

preceded by my favourite mid-period album

R-2181807-1397137397-3205.jpeg.jpg

and now I'm going to listen to that Eddie Hinton, thanks @soulpope

I dig VF too. Common One less so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

Genius, pure and simple.  Sometimes I listen to this and think it's better even than 'Astral Weeks'

preceded by my favourite mid-period album

R-2181807-1397137397-3205.jpeg.jpg

and now I'm going to listen to that Eddie Hinton, thanks @soulpope

I believe these Van Morrison platters were a good opener for Eddie Hinton ;-) .... enjoy ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks 

R-3536289-1454991937-2351.jpeg.jpg

Edited by EKE BBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

81S0g3JbXSL._SY355_.jpg

Hoodoo gurus - Magnum cum louder

I was very much into this kind of music at the end of the 80s. What would turn out to be indie in the 90s. But it had long been in the making in the 80s.

Edited by Bluesnik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Morrison - Moondance 

R-1168661-1526850939-6508.jpeg.jpg

Edited by EKE BBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 1:31 PM, Bluesnik said:

81S0g3JbXSL._SY355_.jpg

Hoodoo gurus - Magnum cum louder

I was very much into this kind of music at the end of the 80s. What would turn out to be indie in the 90s. But it had long been in the making in the 80s.

They're working on a new album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Morrison - His Band and the Street Choir

R-4388407-1414375150-4162.jpeg.jpg

Edited by EKE BBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Morrison - St. Dominic’s Preview 

R-3701617-1364355982-7035.jpeg.jpg

Edited by EKE BBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Morrison - Hard Nose The Highway 

R-2119782-1462282965-8879.jpeg.jpg

Edited by EKE BBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colosseum – Transmissions - Live At The BBC (2020, CD) - Discogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece

R-9899240-1488181928-1607.jpeg.jpg

And tomorrow, one of the best live albums ever perhaps? 

Here now,

R-3701617-1364355982-7035.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

And tomorrow, one of the best live albums ever perhaps? 

Rather, in a few minutes... :) 

Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now

R-1662405-1235325733.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Rather, in a few minutes... :) 

Van Morrison - It's Too Late To Stop Now

R-1662405-1235325733.jpeg.jpg

Fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.