May COVID poll - previous questions updated

COVID 19 Poll - update of prior questions  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I may have mentioned here that my second cousin (my mother’s first cousin), who was living in an assisted facility, caught the virus from a staff member and passed away in April. That is the only person I know personally who died of Covid. 

8 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Interesting how no one noticed the shortcoming in the answers until this month.  I will keep in mind for June.

See, that's why you can't work for the US government. Your data collection techniques are poorly thought out.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Interesting how no one noticed the shortcoming in the answers until this month.  I will keep in mind for June.

I didn't see it so much as a short-coming as a focus on the more serious cases.  I would assume that most people know at least someone with a mild/moderate case of Covid, at least through 2 or 3 degrees of separation.

At this point, I am most worried about my cousin and his wife in Brooklyn.  As far as I can tell, they have not gotten it, though he is going out almost every day to pick up the Times.  Really, I ask to myself?

Furloughed like a lot of arts staff in NYC but it's unclear whether or not this is a permanent thing. Kinda think it might be, but I am already working on ways to pivot once the lockdown is behind us.

Ordering TP online because it's more reliable to do so; I've known a number of people with mild cases of COVID for the most part, though I also knew one older musician who died from it.

I really feel for all of you, especially in the states, UK & Europe. We've been so lucky here in Australia, only 97 fatalities (6950 total positives COVID) from a population of 25 million. Just under a third have been from those dreaded cruise ships. We (and New Zealand) closed ourselves off from the rest of the world reasonably early on.

Here in the state of Queensland (just over 5 million) where I live (Brisbane) there have only been 4 fatalities so far. Minimal pressure on our hospitals ATS & things are starting to open up again, at different stages in different states (New South Wales & Victoria are being more cautious as they have higher numbers of cases & had a more significant death rate. Hoping with all the upcoming relaxation we don't get a massive rebound second wave.

It's been an absolute massive hit to our economy (hospitality, tourism, international students - mainly from China - third most important contributor to our GDP), unemployment for May/June will jump to 10%

Stay safe in these uncertain/unknown times