Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jazzkrow

Jeff Clayton, RIP

10 posts in this topic

I received an email today from publicist, Lydia Liebman, stating that saxophonist, Jeff Clayton, passed away yesterday from cancer. I was lucky enough to see Jeff and his brother John play in the Clayton Brothers group which included Terell Stafford. He was also part of the Clayton Hamilton jazz orchestra for many years. He was 65 years old

Wow that is sad and surprising news. A very fine player in any context and that's way too young.

Sad to hear. I enjoyed the Bros' big band records. RIP...

wow...

What a horrible year. This is bad news indeed. I was just the other day playing his "Beautiful Friendship" CD with James Morrison. 

RIP, Jeff. 65 is too young.  

Damn! Wow this is depressing. RIP to a great musician. 2020 still keeps going in its suckitude.

R.I.P. Very sorry to hear this. The Clayton-Hamilton band was real good.

Must have some Clayton Brothers album somewhere.

Still more sad news. Both Stanley Cowell and now Jeff Clayton are gone from cancer.

Saw Jeff many times at the Vail Jazz Party in Colorado.. He was a member of the house band there along with John Clayton, Terell Stafford, Wycliffe Gordon, Bill Cunliffe, and Lewis Nash.

Very sad news. Passing of another Jazz legend. Enjoyed both The Clayton Brothers and Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra.

LWayne

I enjoy the one Clayton Brothers album I have, but I never did get around to seeing that group or the orchestra.  Thank you for the music, Mr. Clayton, and rest in peace.