Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghost of miles

My Interview With Duke Ellington

9 posts in this topic

At least by doing it an interview this way there was no danger of risking getting a Maori spear inserted where the sun doesn't shine.

If you haven't read Mercer Eillington & Stanley Dance's bio of Duke Ellington, check it out. That scene is a scream...

I've wanted to do this, but ask completely different questions, so the responses sound like non-sequiturs. 

I remember reading in the Art Tatum discography about a similar record of interview answers where a disc jockey could insert the scripted questions in his own voice.

I have an interview disc like this for Joe Henderson as a promotion for one of his Verve records.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:27 PM, Teasing the Korean said:

I've wanted to do this, but ask completely different questions, so the responses sound like non-sequiturs. 

Shades of Good Morning Vietnam.

Congrats GoM, what an awesome "get"!

On 7-5-2022 at 1:18 AM, Ken Dryden said:

I remember reading in the Art Tatum discography about a similar record of interview answers where a disc jockey could insert the scripted questions in his own voice.

It is issued on 'The Complete Capitol Recordings Of Art Tatum':  A  Promotional interview with Art Tatum, Paul Weston  and you

Yeah, I own that set.