GregK

How's the weather?

3,399 posts in this topic

A giant sinkhole has opened up on one of central Manchester's busiest roads after torrential rain hit the city.

mancunianhole.jpg

I think you'll find that was dug for Georgie Porgie's Northern Powerhouse idea. Expect it to be filled in before the triumphalist Autumn Conference.

I'm afraid we're back to Northern Shithouse as usual. <_<

Cooled down a bit. It's still around 32  but that's no problem after the long spell of super hot weather.

I can actually wear clothes at home again, after weeks of walking round in just my knickers :lol:

Edited by kinuta

Two typhoons approaching southern Japan

TOKYO —

Two powerful typhoons, the 15th and 16th of the season, were heading toward southern Japan on Saturday afternoon, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

:w

Just your basic 'summer in San Francisco': 63 degrees and overcast.

Bracing for another week of triple digit heat in San Bernardino.

Hot and smokey.

Fires rage in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

The air quality sucks.

Sort of weather I really like at present. Lots of sun in the day and very warm; then really heavy downpours in the evening (a bit like Singapore!). 

Forecast up here looks like lots of rain across the week. My water buts need replenishing so I'm OK with that. 

Still doing this clear days and rain in the evening thing. A real monsoon yesterday evening - water butts sorted with lots to spare in various receptacles. 

Lovely, the temperature has dropped down to 28 although it's only a temporary relief.

Walked 20K this morning and it was very pleasant. Typhoon tomorrow.

Well, last week it was (during the day)...

038f9d51-79c2-4168-a512-aa7bcf7c57a9.jpg

But today...

4676b2aa-140e-4b8b-b958-68a7b88e0b04.jpg61a155b2-825d-4fe2-aaa0-ffbbfa100097.jpg

Ark building in London. Traditional Bank Holiday weather putting dampener on Carnival no doubt, shame.

Walked 20K this morning and it was very pleasant.

Just a short walk then.. :D

Ark building in London. Traditional Bank Holiday weather putting dampener on Carnival no doubt, shame.

1000.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Mad dogs and English persons...

Warming back up into the low 90's here this week, but it has been an outrageously mild summer here in the midwest U.S. 

Lark, LOVE the garden pics!

It was stormy (and Spooky and Sunny sometimes too) both here and in Kelso, WA where I was for a car show this weekend, but we got a nice turnout just the same.

Warming back up into the low 90's here this week, but it has been an outrageously mild summer here in the midwest U.S. 

Lark, LOVE the garden pics!

Thanks, Scott. This is what it looked like ten years ago! Bloody wet then too! 

640e71c2-f3a6-4aa3-863a-0343a2f316e5.jpg

I'd never had any interest in gardening - it was a waste land for the first 15 years I lived here. I just started improvising - a real free jazz garden. 

I find pottering around there a great place to listen to music. The only problem is I tend to sing along under the noiseless headphones. Neighbours think I'm nuts.

Must have rained again last night as both of the overspill buckets are now full. Still cloudy but much brighter than yesterday. 

UK weather: Bank Holiday downpours set to make it wettest August on record

Bank-Holiday-downpours-Getty.jpg

"Remember Dunkirk!"

Edited by A Lark Ascending

94 degrees here today with temps expected to stay in the low 90's through Wednesday.

Horrible, endless leaden skies and rain.

Typhoon 18 passing by with tons more rain in store.

Blisteringly hot and smokey [from all the forest fires in the Sierras and Coastal Range].

El Nino can't come soon enough.

Mainly overcast but no rain. The odd bit of evening sunshine which is incredibly mood-enhancing when it appears. 

Definitely the feel of autumn in the air - that slight coolness, a bit damp, earlier nights. Saw a beautiful flight of geese (or something of that ilk) fly south cawing yesterday.

Woke this morning to see a huge stork descend on a neighbour's TV aerial. Don't know if storks fly south.  

Typhoon #18 is bringing insane amounts of torrential, hammering rain.

Haven't been outside for two days :(

A giant sinkhole has opened up on one of central Manchester's busiest roads after torrential rain hit the city.

mancunianhole.jpg

I think you'll find that was dug for Georgie Porgie's Northern Powerhouse idea. Expect it to be filled in before the triumphalist Autumn Conference.

Location for Jezza's victory ceremony?:o