Renee Rosnes

montg

Any of her solo albums would be a good entry point. Unfortunately the earlier ones are out of print. Your decision might consider whether you prefer large or small group music. She's got examples of big band, strings, quintet, quartet, trio, solo - stuff with vocals, stuff with percussion - a lot of variety. But I think if you like one record, you'll like the rest.

Please see the Renee Rosnes discography on my website.

Mike

Your decision might consider whether you prefer large or small group music.

Good point..I usually prefer quintets or midsize groups but, of course, enjoy the full range (trio to Big Band--not much for solo piano albums.)

Thanks, Mike, I'll check out the discography.

I have yet to hear one I did not enjoy. There is an OOP trio with strings record - can't recall the name offhand - that I think is super (and I usually cannot get on with that sort of thing).

Edit - It is called "Without Words"

Edited by Eric

Take a look here. As We Are Now is a very good one. Criss Potter is another good reason to listen to it.

FYI, the link referred to here is Renee's own homepage and if you look at most of the titles, you'll see an "Order now for Jazz Cares" button. Click this and buy the CDs directly from Renee. You'll not only get an autographed copy of the CD, you'll be making a donation to a great charity, The Jazz Musicians Emergency Fund.

Myself, I buy them direct because I dig getting them signed. :D

FYI, "As We Are Now" is very nice but don't overlook some awesome Joe Henderson on "For the Moment". Chris Potter or Joe Henderson... you make the call.

Later,

Kevin

Currently spinning "Art & Soul" love it! The opening track, Ornette's 11+1/2 bar "Blues Connotation" is great, and "African Flower".... wow!

Othen than that I only have "Life on Earth" so far. I didn't know her discs are so easy to find, they never ever pop up here, neither new nor used.

ubu